ID help please

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I saw (I thought it was on Jacobi's site) an interesting scorpion refered to as an arabian death stalker, it was not a Leiurus quinquestriatus. The animal was a nice light yellow overall with metasomals 1 & 2 noticibly wider and flatter than metasomals 3-5. Anyone know what it is called, I forgot to bookmark the page and want to order one.
TY, Rev

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
If it looks like this scorpion in the link then it is an Apistobuthus pterygocercus. I can't seem to get the scorp pages on his site to work.

http://www.invertepet.com/images/arabian_deathstalker2.jpg

When Bill had them for sale they were going for $200/pair. he only had one pair. haven't seen them anywhere before or since. Though now that Iraq is 'open' it is possible they may be imported from there in the near future.

John
];')

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
You and me and every one else! :D

I'm am hoping that species from Afghanistan as well a Iraq will eventually make it into the mainstream trade.

John
];')

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the price doesn't faze me a bit, but I would want them sexed for that much. I fired off about 8 emails to various dealers I use telling them I want a 1:1 as soon after 1/15/04 as possible. I'll get them and gloat over them lol, since I'm also going to try to get about 9 pokies and 9 other scorps ($300 USD) I think the willingness to tie those to the condition I get the Apistobuthus the extra $200 might ge me some love :D . Well time will tell.
Rev

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Rev,

It isn't about money. There are people willing to fork over huge sums for things like Tityus, but the exports just aren't there. There are various legal and logistic issues that simply can't be overcome. Anyhow, good luck with that -- but don't get your hopes up.

Cheers,
Dave