ID for this guy/girl?

torioxford

Arachnopeon
This spider was given to a shop I go to in Tempe, Arizona. It is unknown if the person that brought it in found it locally or if it was bought and then donated. Any ideas? (I hope I’m following all the guidelines I tried to make sure I followed the right forum.)

Attachments

hecklad

Arachnosquire
I can't help you with the ID but damn he is freaky lookin.
If it helps the markings on it's abdomen are similar to what I see on the small funnel weavers and some wolf spiders here in TN.

torioxford

Arachnopeon
I can't help you with the ID but damn he is freaky lookin.
If it helps the markings on it's abdomen are similar to what I see on the small funnel weavers and some wolf spiders here in TN.
Thank you! He is definitely different haha.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It's a wolf spider of some kind, but it's something out of my level. I'm not well-versed with wolf spiders so someone is going to have to help you with that.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
It bears some resemblance to dark variations of Hogna carolinensis -- as well as Camptocosa parallela -- but I couldn't say with certainty which species it is. (It can be tricky to identify wolf spiders to the species level from photos.)

torioxford

Arachnopeon
It bears some resemblance to dark variations of Hogna carolinensis -- as well as Camptocosa parallela -- but I couldn't say with certainty which species it is. (It can be tricky to identify wolf spiders to the species level from photos.)
Thank you so much for trying though I appreciate you!