ID for these roaches from Borneo

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I've seen the bug in pic 2, tolerated them, in Malaysia. Flying around the light at night and smacking into things. They really get stuck, cling to clothes, sheets and blankets. Serious claws. And the one in pic 3 are found around here. More in S. Thailand than the north. No idea what either of them are.

Izhizm

Arachnopeon
@The Snark might know about the species of these. Are these your photos or are they Jamuin's?
those are Jamuin's photos, not mine, just thought they should be shared since i've never seen some of these species before despite living here.

Izhizm

Arachnopeon
I've seen the bug in pic 2, tolerated them, in Malaysia. Flying around the light at night and smacking into things. They really get stuck, cling to clothes, sheets and blankets. Serious claws. And the one in pic 3 are found around here. More in S. Thailand than the north. No idea what either of them are.
Thanks for your reply but what stands out the most is the guy at pic 1, will remain a mystery at least for the meantime. haha

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Thanks for your reply but what stands out the most was the guy at pic 1 which will remain a mystery at least for the meantime. haha
I'm going to print out all three pics and take them to our local entomologist. He enjoys sleuthing. This may take a week to 10 days or so. Oop. Misogynist me. HIS WIFE and him. The both pack PhDs in Ento.

Izhizm

Arachnopeon
I'm going to print out all three pics and take them to our local entomologist. He enjoys sleuthing. This may take a week to 10 days or so. Oop. Misogynist me. HIS WIFE and him. The both pack PhDs in Ento.
haha that'll be awesome! Power to you ! At least we get to know more about these mystery bugs, another addition to the invert collection surely.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
those are Jamuin's photos, not mine, just thought they should be shared since i've never seen some of these species before despite living here.
Yeah so you can't do that according to the site's rules..

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Don't know exactly what the first two are, I think the top one is in the family Ectobiidae, and the second one is something in the subfamily Epilamprinae.

But that last roach is definitely a Catara sp male, either C.minor or C.rugosicollis, I don't know what the differences are between the two, can't find any pictures of adult male C.minor.

Would love to own Catara, they are really cool looking amd very closely related to the revered Archiblatta hoveni.

Izhizm

Arachnopeon
Don't know exactly what the first two are, I think the top one is in the family Ectobiidae, and the second one is something in the subfamily Epilamprinae.

But that last roach is definitely a Catara sp male, either C.minor or C.rugosicollis, I don't know what the differences are between the two, can't find any pictures of adult male C.minor.

Would love to own Catara, they are really cool looking amd very closely related to the revered Archiblatta hoveni.

Thanks, these definitions are certainly a great help, at least once I get time to go into the forest to look for these guys! Thanks!

Izhizm

Arachnopeon
Yeah so you can't do that according to the site's rules..
okay, sorry just newbie blues :wacky: but how else would I get ppl here to ID rare roaches? Besides, the pix are clearly watermarked, never claimed they were mine. Cheers

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
okay, sorry just newbie blues :wacky: but how else would I get ppl here to ID rare roaches? Besides, the pix are clearly watermarked, never claimed they were mine. Cheers
Just link the images next time mate :)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Thanks, these definitions are certainly a great help, at least once I get time to go into the forest to look for these guys! Thanks!
No problem, hope you are able to find some cool roaches, be sure to post pics when you do! :)