ID for Scorpion, Pinon Hils, CA

Willuminati

Arachnosquire
Looks like it might be a Paruroctonus silvestrii, they are very common All along the foothills here in California. I'm from Los Angeles county and have caught several in my area while out night herping.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Appears to be Superstitionia donensis. If it is, its an awesome find. Amazing little scorpions.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Lucky! I can't find Jack **** where I live. The best thing I've found here in Chula Vista has been a Black Widow xD (But I don't really go outside deliberately looking for arachnids anyways so I could be finding better if I was :/)

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
That is most certainly S donensis.

Alot of people don't know S donensis is extremely widespread in california, actually more common here than where they were originally described.

They love moist cool areas, and are most active in winter, and come out during light rain.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Are they primarily solitary? I have never had enough of them to try a communal set up but in the future, if they are communal, I would love to give it a shot.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
They're probably tolerant of each other, but not really communal. because of their habits, they're often forced to share stones with other donensis.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
When in doubt keep them separate. I've learned the hard way with guessing if a species is communal or not.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Amazing that it survived the washing machine.

I wonder what happened to @dude47 after his first post.