ID centipede please.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Length is about 3"

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am thinking S. polymorpha. mine have some blue in it, but the one in the picture is more blue.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
90% sure it's a poly

good leg colors. i caught a fellow today that has less blue in his legs, but looks somewhat similar. i will try to take pics to show pretty soon

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Definitely has the typical look of a juvenile polymorpha, more solid and muted. The adults get plenty of color and variation.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So you guys believe its a juvi Scolopendra polymorpha(spelling?). If it in fact is, whats the average growth rate for these?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well, i have never taken one single individual from egg to mature... but i have taken an egg to a thin bodied 2.5" BL in about ~20 months and i've taken a thin ~2.5"BL to a ~3.5" BL in about ~20 months and i've had a 3.5"BL female produce viables for me...

so, the strain of centipedes from the Wastelands (an area i live by) would take about 3-4 years to be mature. you could probably compress or expand this time by powergrowing or slowgrowing... i wouldn't be surprised if you could compress the time to 2-2.5 years and i wouldn't be surprised if you could dilate it to 6-7 years.

hope this helps