ICSC San Diego Chapter Preliminary Meeting

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Hello all, I am excited to announce that we have got a preliminary brain-storming meeting set up for the San Diego Chapter of the Invertebrate Club of Southern California. It will be on the 16th (Sunday), 2:00 PM, at Harry Griffen Park.

All our welcome to attend. We will be discussing how to get a San Diego Chapter up and running, and of course invertebrates, because after all this is an invertebrate club meeting, ha ha. I will also be bringing the club T-shirts for anyone interested in getting one.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@Sunset, just PM me your email address and phone number; I'll then add you to our club Google Group, and there you go!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Excellent meeting guys! Thank you to all who came out, and for those of you who weren't able to make it, we missed you and hope to see you the next time!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
We discussed tarantulas in-depth (legality of Poecilotheria, one member gave us a lesson in sexing our specimens, we found that Aphonopelma mooreae, or the rare Jade Fuego tarantula, can even be found in the American Sonoran Desert! Etcetera), discussed millipedes and beetles to a degree, velvet worms also came up, et. al.
We also showed off a variety of invertebrates that we brought along, conducted our trades, and distributed the club T-shirts. All in all a very fun time.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Demonwolfmoon

Arachnopeon
Yes it is, ha ha. We held an online meeting not too long ago, but hopefully we can get the SD chapter meetings going regularly after covid-19 breaks.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
I might be interested in joining, when covid restrictions are over

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
sorry I missed this
Not to worry, we have another SD chapter meeting coming up on the 20th, right after the main meeting on the 19th. Both are on Skype, though I’d like to talk with everyone about their thoughts on meeting in person again. PM me or the SD chapter leader @MantidMaster for more info.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
If you’re interested in joining a group of like-minded people and live anywhere in SoCal, this is your chance to get started, haha.