ICSC November Meeting

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
November has come! The Invertebrate Club of Southern California's meeting this month falls on the 20th (Saturday), from 10:00-11:30 AM, and will be held via Skype.

This month we will be joined by none other than Rus Wilson/Aquarimax of Aquarimax Pets! Rus breeds a variety of creatures and was one of the first private individuals to successfully breed, raise the larvae, and induce successful pupation in Asbolus verrucosus! Rus also makes all manner of videos regarding invertebrates, fish, plants, and reptiles on his YouTube channel, which I consider to be one of the best for general invertebrate information and discussion.

Bring your questions and your scientific names, looking forward to seeing all who can make it and for the discussion!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
This meeting was over a year in the making from when I first invited @Aquarimax to speak to the club to when it actually worked out, and I can say that I am very glad we were able to close out the year with him!
We discussed everything from fairy shrimp, to isopods, to how to start one's own invertebrate-focused YouTube channel, to perhaps starting a survey of Asbolus verrucosus behaviors across different populations after noting the difference in behaviors between Californian populations and those found in Arizona and Utah. All in all it was a great time and a real treat to learn from Rus's experience with a wide variety of invertebrates; personally, hopefully I can apply some of what he's learned with isopods to my own struggle with that order.

We are now on our December break, and I will be continuing to work on the calendar for next year. Already looking forward to what 2022 has for us!

Thanks,

Arthroverts