ICSC May Meeting (Plus Another Hike?)

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Hello all, the May meeting will be on the 15th, from 10:00-11:30 AM, on Skype. We will be holding another raffle this meeting, and invertebrates are again the object of discussion ;D!

Also, planning a hike/collecting trip in Riverside for the end of this month after the fantastic trip we had in April, stay tuned for more information.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello all, the May meeting will be on the 15th, from 10:00-11:30 AM, on Skype. We will be holding another raffle this meeting, and invertebrates are again the object of discussion ;D!

Also, planning a hike/collecting trip in Riverside for the end of this month after the fantastic trip we had in April, stay tuned for more information.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Have you come across rattlesnakes or other snakes?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I do wish thhese were regularly open to more than just so-cal people.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
We sometimes have special guests that talk on the meeting. You could ask @Arthroverts if you could join us sometime maybe.
I thhink I have inquired with him before, but it seems to be on a case by case basis, which is neat and all but it would be nice to always some have regularity, and we have nothing of thhe sorts whhere I am. I live in the land of big ag #hhhforlife.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I thhink I have inquired with him before, but it seems to be on a case by case basis, which is neat and all but it would be nice to always some have regularity, and we have nothing of thhe sorts whhere I am. I live in the land of big ag #hhhforlife.
#hhhforlife 👏 👏

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Have you come across rattlesnakes or other snakes?
We do indeed. One trip down in San Diego we found a Red Diamond Rattler, as @MrGhostMantis said on the most recent trip we found a gorgeous L. zonata multifasciata (which to be clear we did not collect for obvious reasons), and on various other trips either by myself or with others I have found a number of snakes (gophers, garters, CA ringnecks, just today on a family trip I found a Southwestern Speckled Rattler). I found a gopher snake at the place I want to go to for this upcoming hike.

I do wish thhese were regularly open to more than just so-cal people.
I feel ya, but then our purpose as a regional club would be diminished. I suppose you could start a Virtual Invertebrate Club of America or something that just does meetings online though (or a regional Texas club that meets online, that would probably grow quickly with some effort), I would certainly come and check that out :D (and offer any assistance I could with growing it)!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
(or a regional Texas club that meets online, that would probably grow quickly with some effort), I would certainly come and check that out :D (and offer any assistance I could with growing it)!
Thats an option, Do you follow and sort or guidlines or structure? that you could email me, I can PM you my email. Or any resources for starting one, maybe whatever you have done?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Feel free to email me at the address found here, and I will gladly share my experience insofar with you.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Feel free to email me at the address found here, and I will gladly share my experience insofar with you.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Great thanks!! Ill probably shoot you an email out tomorrow morning sometime when I can devote a little bit more time and thought to it. Thanks!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I too would be interested in joining a club if you make one.
Well dont get too excited I am barely in the contemplation stage lol. I really have no idea what all that would entail nor when exactly I could fit it into my schedule for others. I noticed y'all always meet on the weekend and thats when most are free, but I work sat & sun from 7am-7pm so yeah... not sure I could even do it

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Well dont get too excited I am barely in the contemplation stage lol. I really have no idea what all that would entail nor when exactly I could fit it into my schedule for others. I noticed y'all always meet on the weekend and thats when most are free, but I work sat & sun from 7am-7pm so yeah... not sure I could even do it
I have seen some clubs meet on Friday evenings or other times that fit better into the schedule of the leader and members.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
We do indeed. One trip down in San Diego we found a Red Diamond Rattler, as @MrGhostMantis said on the most recent trip we found a gorgeous L. zonata multifasciata (which to be clear we did not collect for obvious reasons), and on various other trips either by myself or with others I have found a number of snakes (gophers, garters, CA ringnecks, just today on a family trip I found a Southwestern Speckled Rattler). I found a gopher snake at the place I want to go to for this upcoming hike.

I feel ya, but then our purpose as a regional club would be diminished. I suppose you could start a Virtual Invertebrate Club of America or something that just does meetings online though (or a regional Texas club that meets online, that would probably grow quickly with some effort), I would certainly come and check that out :D (and offer any assistance I could with growing it)!

Thanks,

Arthroverts
That would be incredible to see. I've never seen either in the wild yet.

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
That would be incredible to see. I've never seen either in the wild yet.
Always a pleasure seeing them. Pictured, Annie's Canyon Solana beach last week.

& Keep up the good work with the club Jessiah. It is great to see how much the club has grown since you started it up years ago...

Attachments

Last edited: