Ice pack leaked

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Not sure where to post this so I’ll put this here-
One of the ice packs I got had apparently leaked, and now there’s little stains if the oily/liquidy substance on my table and floor. How do I clean it up, and is it harmful? I already tossed an entire bag of dog food since some spilled on it and I plan on heavily rinsing the whole area just to be safe.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Not sure where to post this so I’ll put this here-
One of the ice packs I got had apparently leaked, and now there’s little stains if the oily/liquidy substance on my table and floor. How do I clean it up, and is it harmful? I already tossed an entire bag of dog food since some spilled on it and I plan on heavily rinsing the whole area just to be safe.
What type floors? Oxy clean works wonders as well as baking soda.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Generally ammonium nitrate is what is used in ice packs, and it’s toxic. To clean, dry up spill and use soap and water to dilute + clean. Obviously wash hand and don’t put in mouth or eyes. Or..... drink it and become Dr. CHILLLL 😎

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
At least it didnt break in a lunch box, had that happen to me one day at work, and had to throw everything out. Just clean it up with some type of soap and dont eat it lol.

They make some non-toxic ice packs, got a few after that incident, so depending on that I dont know.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I used soap and water to wash the general areas where I saw the spills. I think it should be ok. Also, apparently some gel ice packs are non-toxic too so I’m hoping for.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
ammonium nitrate
Or ammonium chloride or sodium polyacrylate or propylene glycol or hydroxyethylcellulose or silica gel or some cobination thereof. Not quite EPA superfund stuff by none of which is desireable in your environment.

zoeyw

Arachnopeon
Non-toxic ice packs, didn't know these were available. Thanks!