I wonder what we'd see ...

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was wondering, what we'd see if we set up a time lapse camera in front of our t's enclosures over a period of 24 hours ...
I mean, I know my chevron comes out to drink and eat at night when I'm fast asleep ... I just miss it all !

How awesome would that be ? {D{

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unfortunally, comapact cameras don't have that long shooting time becouse of the battery and memory card capabilities. :(

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmmm, I'm really curious to try this now - what about a power source vs a battery ? Off to find out info from an expert :?

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah like a plug in, then you should be able to get enough footage...and really who sleeps for 24hours:D

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have really bad sleep deprevation, so I often pull up a chair and watch me T's during the night. They seem to be most active during the night, and I even get to see the lividum up and about too!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I really enjoy watching mine at night. The first time i observed them at night was insane. They were all working the boundaries of the cage trying to escape!! haha My MM P. regalis would poke every area looking for weaknesses. :D Its fun to watch them. I see them speed webbing and speed grooming too. :cool:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I go to bed I night, I always use my flashlight to see what everyone is up to. Sometimes I get to see them doing cool things or being pretty active.

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I recently became a new father and found out that sleep is not all that important{D but after my daughter goes back to sleep I often take a trip down the hall to my T room with a flash light. Man let me tell you everyone is up and about just hanging around even got to see my elusive King Baboon out and on the surface (it usually hangs out in the tunnels near the glass, so at least i get to see its feet most of the time.) During this next summer I was actually planing on staying up a few nights and videoing some of my T's in infer red. we'll see how that goes.:D

Dexter

Arachnopeon
You can just use a webcam and stream it to like ustream or justin tv. Then go back and watch it all. Or just stream it to your own PC if you have a good size hard drive.

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well last night I had insomnia LOL and watched my t's by torchlight ...

I saw my rosea moving :clap: she's a rock thats hasnt eaten for 4 months now

I had accidentally covered my vagans in a little mound of peat :wall: when I rehomed her yesterday ... and watched her groom all the peat off :)

The smithis explored their new hides (aquarium logs cut in half)

Kira the large albipilosum came out and spun trip lead wires from the coconut to the front of the tank

My LP spun a beautiful mat inside his pot

Mercury the boehmei pulled up the peace in the home plant (again) and re-arranged his water bowl

And I saw Tristan the cambridgeii tidy up his funnel burrow, with his orange and blue socks

What a night :) was enthralled. Will do this more often {D

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah like a plug in, then you should be able to get enough footage...and really who sleeps for 24hours:D
Depends on what resolution you would be shooting in, but you would need a good size memory card also.....I did do a rosie molt for 12hrs in 680 X 480 and I have a 2G memory card.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You people have normal bird spiders...... My A. versicolor is ALWAYS making her web during morning hours usually from 7-11 am:confused: And my B. smithi is most active during the evening from 9 pm to 1 am, when she is moving around her enclosure.:confused: At least my P. cambridgei is normal one and is active from about midnight on.:cool:

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You people have normal bird spiders...... My A. versicolor is ALWAYS making her web during morning hours usually from 7-11 am:confused: And my B. smithi is most active during the evening from 9 pm to 1 am, when she is moving around her enclosure.:confused: At least my P. cambridgei is normal one and is active from about midnight on.:cool:
{D How big is your cambridgei ? and what has it made as its home ? Mine has made a funnel tube of webbing and peat at the base of the bark.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine is about 4 cm (1,5 inches) LS. He/she made a bit of web in two days since I got it, around the sides of the small peace of branch that I put into jar where I had pickled gherkins. At the moment it's eating superworm wich is almost 1x bigger than the spider.:eek:

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OK, mine is the same size, and an avid night time hunter. It's my fave time of the evening to watch his legs emerge from the funnel web and grab the crickets :)

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, my spiders don't bother themselves what time it is, if they are hungry they will atack even if its middle of the day. :) Well this P. cambridgei is the first sling I have and I am sure it's not the last one. I have it for two days and its so cute and fuzy and hungry, can't imagine what will be 1 year from now when it matures. :) And in night time is nice to watch him/her walking around and webbing. :)