I was unprepared!

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Last autumn I added four Vaejovis Carolinianus to my collection. I have had them housed communally ever since. But now I have an issue...

When I first bought them, the seller informed me that he thought they might be gravid. Okay cool, that's nice. But as time passed, they showed no signs to me of being gravid (And one even died of natural causes). This wasn't a big deal, I wasn't expecting gravid scorpions in the first place.

Well now I have babies.

Several days ago I went to feed them, and saw one covered in babies. I counted over 30. SWEET! But I wasn't expecting them, so I had some issues... They molted and a bunch have finally left their mother, but my lack of planning in advance has left several dead from the other tank mates. It happens, I know. I'm not beating myself up over it. I got some 2oz deli cups and salvaged the survivors.

But I noticed something else!

The other two females are HUGE! Obviously gravid as well. Ready to pop any day now. Tonight I'm running out to buy some more enclosures so I can safely contain each female separately. Hopefully I'll get a ton of cool little additions to the family.

That's pretty much all, guys. Just wanted to share this story as a warning! Be prepared for everything! I'll update you guys on the count eventually (sorry, not super active on here).

Thanks for reading!

A few babies.
17554716_1880287542255632_1067468104_n.jpg

Preggo mommy
17693044_1880297068921346_1428243527_o.jpg

Pipa

Arachnoknight
Congrats , and have fun feeding them each one individually , heehehe

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats. You are doing the right thing by separating them. Vaejovis carolinianus is very cannabalistic until they turn adults. I did a test years back with a total of 40 2i individuals. Ended up with less than 10 after 2 weeks or so.