Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

I wanted to share this MM I found during my summer vacation to the U.S. Virgin Islands!

Discussion in 'Field Trips (Natural Habitats)' started by saphirice, Sep 27, 2019.

1. saphirice

saphirice Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    St. John, to be particular. The place we were staying at had outdoor showers, and I found him in one within 5 mins of arriving and checking everything out. Awesome way to start the trip...for me, at least! Rest of the family was freaked out and didn't appreciate him. Their loss. I caught him in a cup and let him back into the wilderness.

I...think he's a Holothele sp. possibly shoemakeri? Let me know if you have any better ideas!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Arthroverts

Arthroverts Arachnoprince Active Member

Wow! That's awesome! I remember when I traveled to Rarotonga in the Cook Islands with my family, I was told there were no spiders on the island. As you can imagine, I was terribly disappointed; however, on our way to our rental house, I noticed a small jumping spider on the outside of our car....it only got better from there on out :D.

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.