I want more!

Rachel87

Arachnopeon
Who would have thought that keeping T's would be so addictive. I currently only own 1 female g.concepcion but I want a 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. Has anyone ever just stopped at 1?

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
My friend that introduced me to tarantulas only has a rose hair. He got her as a 6 year old 7 years ago.

Rachel87

Arachnopeon
I know I want and will have more I just don't know how people can only have one. Especially with so many different species, personalities, colours and sizes etc.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
I think I must've gotten about 12 tarantulas in the last 2 months. They're for sure an addictive hobby.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I think I must've gotten about 12 tarantulas in the last 2 months. They're for sure an addictive hobby.
I am in the process of building a house and live in a small studio apartment for the time being...it's so frustrating being in limited space and knowing I need to wait until the house is done to bring home more Ts :meh: Though I probably will end up with more before then.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I am in the process of building a house and live in a small studio apartment for the time being...it's so frustrating being in limited space and knowing I need to wait until the house is done to bring home more Ts :meh: Though I probably will end up with more before then.
Slings are stackable :D

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Slings are stackable :D
We are going to the NE Reptile Expo in a few weeks, hubby thinks I want to go "to look at cute geckos" but secretly I know he can't say no to cute slings and I will definitely be bringing some home :p

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
We are going to the NE Reptile Expo in a few weeks, hubby thinks I want to go "to look at cute geckos" but secretly I know he can't say no to cute slings and I will definitely be bringing some home :p
I can see it happening. 'we're going for cute geckos, right hun?' 'yes, definetely ge...hey look, what a cute Avic over there!'
:D

Rachel87

Arachnopeon
I want to go to an expo but live in N. Wales so bit far for me to go. I think at the moment I will be limited to 2 with soace but I'm sure that can grow eventually.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Although most T's require little space it's worth reminding yourself that your sudden 12 slings will need a self or 2 when fully grown. So make sure you can house them.

Not aimed at anyone.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Although most T's require little space it's worth reminding yourself that your sudden 12 slings will need a self or 2 when fully grown. So make sure you can house them.
I'll just make sure to pick up a few more Grammastola in the bunch ;)

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Who would have thought that keeping T's would be so addictive. I currently only own 1 female g.concepcion but I want a 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. Has anyone ever just stopped at 1?
I know what you mean! When I got my first (a B. albopilosum sling) I couldn't imagine how I would ever want more than one tarantula because they're all just big, hairy spiders anyway, right? :rolleyes: One tarantula. One scorpion. One centipede. One vinegaroon. Just enough diversity to introduce my students to the amazing world of arthropods. Of course, that was before I really started paying attention to the incredible diversity of tarantulas and realizing just how many different kinds are out there! I now have 20+ tarantulas (assorted species) - and multiples of everything else, too! Once you get started, it's amazingly addicting.

Hello. My name is Chanda, and I'm an arachnoholic...

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I don't know what it is but I can never just have one. Right now I'm planning at least 3 more pick ups. One definite pickup will be the Euthalus sp. red.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
On every order that I have done, I have decided that this one will complete my desire for T's. But I am really confident that the next one will be it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Not aimed at anyone.
I couldn't agree more. Too many people collect slings like they are Skittles with no regard to the complete life cycle of the animal and their requirements as they age.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I couldn't agree more. Too many people collect slings like they are Skittles with no regard to the complete life cycle of the animal and such requirements as they age.
Especially with the "cheap" ones, many of them grow so quickly. OBT's, anything from Lasiodora, A. geniculata, Psalmos, etc etc etc.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Especially with the "cheap" ones, many of them grow so quickly. OBT's, anything from Lasiodora, A. geniculata, Psalmos, etc etc etc.
Indeed, and many of them are not for beginners. They bought a cute OBT sling, and now it's 5" willing to take you on. Many Ts, as you know, outgrow the experience of the owners. OBT, Psalmo and many, many OWs.