I want an L. Parahybana sling soooo bad!

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
Yes, the title says it all. I've been looking for L. Parahybana slings all over my city. Can't find any. :wall:

How much do they cost though? I wanna start taking care of them as slings and watch them grow to big-ass adults. Maybe you guys can recommend where I can get these?

Thanks in advance!

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm ordering from Ken as soon as I get my paypal set up... definitely not a bad deal.

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There are a number of sources, and Ken is a good one. You should be able to get a sling at a reasonable price from him or another reputable dealer or hobbyist and grow it up. I have L. itabunae, a different species. Nice spider - out a lot, pretty mellow, good looking. I assume it is very similar to L parahybana.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you live in the Phillipines then ordering an L. parahybana from the states will probably cost a lot...

Cass

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Kevin, I'd keep on looking in your home country. SOMEbody's GOT to be breeding them there......somewhere. I've never had a Lp yet but they appear every bit as awesome as my L. klugi. They are a notably prolific species with often a thousand+ per sac - so if you can find a local breeder, chances are they'll only charge you a few dollars apiece.... if not outright GIVE you ten or a hundred slings. Good luck with it! :) Terry

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kevin, I'd keep on looking in your home country. SOMEbody's GOT to be breeding them there......somewhere. I've never had a Lp yet but they appear every bit as awesome as my L. klugi. They are a notably prolific species with often a thousand+ per sac - so if you can find a local breeder, chances are they'll only charge you a few dollars apiece.... if not outright GIVE you ten or a hundred slings. Good luck with it! :) Terry
Yea,look around...Since they have thousands of eggs,try not to pay more than $5 each.

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you lived in the states you could probably get one for free (excluding shipping).

jusgus

Arachnopeon
I agree don't give up in your search.... they are a great species to keep in my opinion.

Shaka

Arachnopeon
Really don't mean to rub it in, but I bought 5 x L.Parahybana slings two weeks ago for R25.00 each here in South Africa, that's like $3.00 each but they are still tiny at about 1/4 inch.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Bought two LP slings for $10 total a couple weeks back from Swift's Inverts... their about 3/4" inch apiece. Add in your 3/4" inch B. Vegan and BAM!! instant freebie Oklahoma Brown LOL

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They're so easy to come by, and very inexpensive over here in North America. Maybe you'll find an online dealer over in your area. The price really shouldn't be that high as I've heard, *no personal experience* that they're fairly easy to breed and give huge amounts of babies in the sacs.

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
They're so easy to come by, and very inexpensive over here in North America. Maybe you'll find an online dealer over in your area. The price really shouldn't be that high as I've heard, *no personal experience* that they're fairly easy to breed and give huge amounts of babies in the sacs.
Yeah that's what I heard. Thanks!

I agree don't give up in your search.... they are a great species to keep in my opinion.
I won't give up! haha

Really don't mean to rub it in, but I bought 5 x L.Parahybana slings two weeks ago for R25.00 each here in South Africa, that's like $3.00 each but they are still tiny at about 1/4 inch.
Good job!

Yea,look around...Since they have thousands of eggs,try not to pay more than $5 each.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

I won't give up looking. Gonna update you guys when I found one. Thanks a bunch! :razz:

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lp slings

They shouldn't run that much. In the US, they are cheap. Sure, we a lot closer to Brazil than the Phillipines, but I also agree, someone over there has to be breeding them.