I want a metalica.......

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I was crusing around the boards and looking at some pics and I just didn't realize how beautiful these spiders are. I think im going to get rid of my B. Vagans and P. Murinus and start a breeding stock of GBB's and then get a metalica. Anyone know of anybody who has some metalica slings?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
WE have LOTS in Canada ! The odd thing is I''ve found it impossible to find something as simple as a G. Pulchra !!!

Good luck in your search

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
about how much would I be looking at spending?

BinarySpider

Arachnopeon
Gbb ?

I am still new to the hobby so exactly what do the initials GBB stand for?

Thanks, I have an plenty of education but I have no knowledge in the tarantula scientific names. :D

BinarySpider

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am still new to the hobby so exactly what do the initials GBB stand for?

Thanks, I have an plenty of education but I have no knowledge in the tarantula scientific names. :D

BinarySpider
Green Bottle Blue = Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Regards, Mike

BinarySpider

Arachnopeon
green bottle blue or Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescen
Green Bottle Blue = Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Regards, Mike
THANKS,

I should have seen that. There is one about 2_1/2_inches long that is available at my local pet shop.

They want 50 bucks for it which also includes the small All Living Things® Critter Totes. It is hard to see because the entire container is filled with webs.

BinarySpider

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Anyone know of anybody who has some metalica slings?
personally I'd start by posting a WTB ad in the FS/WTB forum and then hop in to the chat room for a minute and ask whoever's hanging out there :)

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok i'll do that. I talked to Botar and he said for an adult female you would be looking at $1000+ Are they pretty hard to take care of? The reason I ask is I might try to start a breeding stock of those and GBB's. Just a thought!

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I should have seen that. There is one about 2_1/2_inches long that is available at my local pet shop.

They want 50 bucks for it which also includes the small All Living Things® Critter Totes. It is hard to see because the entire container is filled with webs.
For a GBB, that's a good price. I paid like...65 bucks for my 2.5" from Swift's last year, although he did let me ask for a female and didn't charge me extra.

And heh, yeah, they do like to web. Good spiders to have! Keep it bone dry with a water dish, although some people have never given theirs a dish in their lives and they do just fine. Dishes usually get webbed up and all the water drains out in an hour or less, but I still refill mine when I'm dumping in crickets. The crickets take a drink, the T eats the crickets, so at least there's SOME water going on.

They're fast and nervous as heck, I wouldn't try to handle it. I've never heard of any biting, they usually prefer to run the heck away. It makes it easier to do cage maintenance because they just run in their hide and stay there, but rehousing sounds like a scary thing. Get it a decent-sized critter keeper with a large enough hide to web up, and you won't have to rehouse it again, they don't get too terribly large.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
$375 is a bit high in my opinion for a P Metallica at 1". I know there are supposedly some dealers mating some currently. I spoke to Michael Jacobi about it a little while ago. So hopefully this spring sometime we might get some more, then I usually see them for more like $250 for 1"

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P. Metallica

Yeah I just got a Gooty not to long ago from Michael Jacobi... the Gooty Sapphire should range between $200 to 300 for a sling-juvenile. I'm not sure what the going rate for an adult male runs, but a fully matured female will run you $800-2000 dollars...that's if you can find someone to sell you one. These are probably one of the most indemand spider right now. Hopeful within a few months we will have some decent eggsacks and the price will drop? Wish I had about 200 spiderling right now...I'd be rich!!!

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
prices will drop because everyone is trying to breed them and get cash. Last year i saw botar at a show in indianapolis when he had one or two left. I had just bought 2 gbb's from him and didn't use the arachnoboards discount.. i asked him how much for the P metallica and he said it was his last one and would sell it for 175.. i was going to say how much with the arachno discount but didn't wanna bust his balls. :D

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
oh wow, that's pretty expensive - i paid 75 euro (um, like 100$?) for the p. metallica sling i bought last weekend... but i guess they are cheaper in europe.

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've heard tarantulas in Europe are really inexpensive compared to America. Many of my friends say t's are double the price in America.

I'd love a P. metaliica too, but, I just can't pay that much for a tarantula no matter how beautiful it may be. I have the money, I just can't justify my spending that much, that's all.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The P. metallica will definetly cost you something. The GBBs not so much, I paid $60 for a 3.5" female.

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have no idea what 'size' a sling is, but I paid $275 and $310 for the two 2 inchers I got. (Those prices included shipping... they were both $250 without.)

If anyone wants to chime in and tell me what the difference in a sling and spiderling is I'd appreciate it... :8o