I want a metalica.......

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If anyone wants to chime in and tell me what the difference in a sling and spiderling is I'd appreciate it...
There is no difference. Sling is just a shortened slang word for spiderling. {D

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok i'll do that. I talked to Botar and he said for an adult female you would be looking at $1000+ Are they pretty hard to take care of? The reason I ask is I might try to start a breeding stock of those and GBB's. Just a thought!
you must be very confident to breed them, if you are willing to pay that kind of money for a spider. what have you bred in the past?

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
also avery exotics is Canadian, Im pretty sure you cant get spiders from Canada shipped to the United States, though someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Also I wouldn't attempt to breed P. Metallica's if you dont have experience breeding. Im assuming the reason they are difficult to find is partly due to a difficulty in breeding them, but again I could be wrong.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
No you can't get spiders shipped to the US from Canada unless you fill out the proper paperwork, and there are possibly fees involved though I'm not positive about that. There is all sorts of red tape to go through with the Fish and Wildlife guys. Besides it wouldn't be worth it, our prices are much higher on most species, though on some it is cheaper if someone here has had alot of breeding success.

Yes $375 would be from a Canadian dealer, hopefully someone will breed them here in the future and drive the prices down. Alot of the pokie species are very expensive here.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
it seems like american breeders have been having a hard time with this species and untit there bred more they will remain so high priced.i know of one person right now with an eggsac but what has there only been like 2-3 ever before that in the usa?

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so the price of ( t ) in the u- k- is a lot cheaper then the u.s.a. or canada as say 350$ sounds a lot any one know the exchange rate from $ - to £ - === phil :? :confused: :8o :8o

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so the price of ( t ) in the u- k- is a lot cheaper then the u.s.a. or canada as say 350$ sounds a lot any one know the exchange rate from $ - to £ - === phil :? :confused: :8o :8o
350.00 USD = 181.363 GBP

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I just opened a sac that only had about 10 that made it to the Eggs with legs stage.:wall: Hopefully these few will keep growing.

Attachments