I think the store messed up???

VxXDJXxV

Arachnopeon
about a month ago i bought what was called a Tiger rump. When i looked on kelly swift's page his looks more red and the name he gave is Costa Rican Tiger Rump (Cyclosternum fasciatum), on another web site i found a T whos name is (Acanthogonatus pissii) and it looks exactly like mine. does anyone know whats going on???

Here are the links to the pics:

This one looks like mine: http://www.spidy.goliathus.com/english/acanthogonatus-pissii-id268.html

This is Swifts:
http://www.swiftinverts.com/pix/Tiger4.jpg

Help please

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it might just be in premolt. you should post some pics of it so it's easier to guess.

NixHexDude

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The pet store could have messed up, but it's impossible for us to tell you unless you post one of the spider in your possession.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is some really nice color. Hard to tell from the pictue but I don't think its a C. fasciatum.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well, there goes my theory. i'm not sure what species it is, but that's no C. fasciatum.

crotaline

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is an Acanthogonatus sp. They are usually sold under the common name "Chilean tiger rump".

VxXDJXxV

Arachnopeon
i was just looking for Acanthogonatus sp. and i cant find any pics or that name anyware......i could just be showing my inexpierence with the scientific names but what is the full name??

crotaline

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The most commonly available species is A. francki. They are in the famliy Nemesiidae, and are not Theraphosids.

JensWest

Arachnopeon
Looks much like an A. francki to me.
I have one of these at home and I´ve had a C. fasciatum.
It´s a reason behind that I´ve kept my francki and sold my fasciatum. I´d much rather have a francki then a fasciatum!
Both have their charm... but I just like the Nemesiidae more. It´s a active spider and webs Alot. Fun and easy spider to own. Don´t be sorry that you´ve got a francki instead of a fasciatum.
There´s alot of other fun Ts to have then C. fasciatum, but you should have a Nemesiidae too.:)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sounds like you got lucky. That's a nice looking spider. Although not necessarily rare they are less common than C fasciatum so methinks you made out!