I think Tarantulas can be tammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coaster

Arachnopeon
You guys have no imagination. Try to imagine aliens coming down and snatching babies, then they raise those babies in captivity as pets. These humans would have no language or upbringing whatsoever. Everything these human pets would know would be from DNA and observation of their captive environment. Now being a highly evolved alien, what behaviors would you recognize as intelligent. This is a human who has never even seen another human, has almost no mental stimulation, its basically a person raised from birth in solitary confinement. This human would definitely be deemed as primitive by the aliens, and that is analogous to what we do with our tarantulas.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
You guys have no imagination. Try to imagine aliens coming down and snatching babies, then they raise those babies in captivity as pets. These humans would have no language or upbringing whatsoever. Everything these human pets would know would be from DNA and observation of their captive environment. Now being a highly evolved alien, what behaviors would you recognize as intelligent. This is a human who has never even seen another human, has almost no mental stimulation, its basically a person raised from birth in solitary confinement. This human would definitely be deemed as primitive by the aliens, and that is analogous to what we do with our tarantulas.
So... now tarantulas are alien babies? :?

I am so confused, I give up.

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know what you're talking about anymore. I thought I had it for a moment, but all hope is lost now.

So... now tarantulas are alien babies? :?
No, we're the aliens, the tarantulas are the human babies. No...

Last edited:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
care to share these photos or perhaps some video?
I second this.

Take for instance the tarantula's brain. When it's leg breaks, the synapses send signals to trigger the body to alert the tarantula to the damage, causing the tarantula's leg to react. The segments contract to assist in ceasing the flow of blood. The tarantula generally removes the leg. If you have never seen a tarantula writhe in pain.. look it up.
1) The segments in a tarantula's 'broken' leg do not contract - if the leg was completely removed, the sphincter contracts.

2) Tarantula blood is called haemolymph.

3) I've seen tarantulas with 'broken' legs (where haemolymph was leaking from a joint or segment) that did not remove the leg. More times than not, actually.

4) Tarantulas don't 'writhe in pain'. There is no possible way we can confirm that the tarantula is in pain. All scientific evidence thus far indicates they do not feel pain - their nervous system is simply too basic.

Please stop spewing all this nonsense, unless you have photographic or video evidence to the contrary.

Coaster - maybe you should spend a little more time in the hobby before making such outrageous claims as to what tarantulas can and can't do. It might benefit you to do some more research as well.

EDIT: I just read the latest few posts regarding aliens...:wall:

I agree with Shelley and Rosie - I'm lost.

Coaster

Arachnopeon
You guys need to expand your knowledge base, think more abstractly. I think your too involved in one thing which inhibits mind expansion.

Shell

Staff member
No, we're the aliens, the tarantulas are the human babies. No...
Maybe if we have some drinks, and then come back and read this thread, we will understand better.

Lorum

Arachnosquire
This human would definitely be deemed as primitive by the aliens, and that is analogous to what we do with our tarantulas.
No, because tarantulas are solitary animals. They don't need their parents or social interactions to learn (we need to learn how to speak, how to get dressed, we do imitate things we see, we need parental care). They are born "knowing" how to hunt, what things to do because they have insctincts and that's all they need to survive. Maybe they will "learn" something during their life, like where they can catch more preys (like Argiope spiders that modifiy their webs if they catch their preys always in the same place), but there is no comparison between your examples.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
What's tammed?

There are so many flaws in your 'logic', I don't even know where to start.

How old are you?
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ..STOP IT YOUR KILLING ME

ALIEN BABIES... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .. I CANT BREATHE!!!

OH I NEED A DRINK!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

{D{D:worship:{D{D

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I didn't know Tommy Chong was into tarantula keeping.

Lorum

Arachnosquire
You guys need to expand your knowledge base, think more abstractly. I think your too involved in one thing which inhibits mind expansion.
You need to learn about science, and about arthropod's biology.

1.- I second this.

2.- I've seen tarantulas with 'broken' legs (where haemolymph was leaking from a joint or segment) that did not remove the leg. More times than not, actually.
1.- +1.

2.- Me too. I have seen tarantulas (from friends of mine) with broken appendages that just stood there and made nothing, or that kept roaming in their terrarium, like if they don't care about it. I mean, probably they know, feel or whatever that their leg (appendage) is broken, but they didn't seem to be "in pain".

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
I didn't know Tommy Chong was into tarantula keeping.
Listen man you just need to expand your consciousness and allow the universe to feed your third eye with transcendental knowledge lost to the human race through the eons.I'm sure you didn't know that tarantulas love T.V of course you don't you remote hog.

Last edited:

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
Listen man you just need to expand your consciousness and allow the universe to feed your third eye with transcendental knowledge lost to the human race through the eons.I'm sure you didn't know that tarantulas love T.V of course you don't you remote hog.

Lol {D {D {D I forgot where exactly is the third eye?

Coaster

Arachnopeon
It takes a more advanced brain than you think to control 8 legs, humans with our all fathoming brain and gigaprocessors can't even replicate the graceful walk that all spiders do.

Shell

Staff member
It takes a more advanced brain than you think to control 8 legs, humans with our all fathoming brain and gigaprocessors can't even replicate the graceful walk that all spiders do.
Maybe that's because we only have 2 legs...

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire

Well we cant fly without machinery either but I would be willing to bet we are smarter than birds...ever hear the expression "birdbrained"
I love tarantulas but their brain is the size of a pencil lead, you are thinking way to hard about something that just isnt

Lorum

Arachnosquire
Maybe that's because we only have 2 legs...
All this thread is lost, hehe. But at least you have a new signature. I wonder how many phrases in this thread could be used as signatures.{D

Anybody ever wonder why pink toes have pink toes?
Spiders have lots of preferences, and sometimes are more particular when it comes to choosing a mate than some human females.
Try to imagine aliens coming down and snatching babies, then they raise those babies in captivity as pets.
Now being a highly evolved alien, what behaviors would you recognize as intelligent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.