I Think She's Dying...

Weird_Arachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found my seemanni in a bit of a curl in her hide. Not all her legs were tucked in. I nudged her a bit and she went scurrying, even flicked some hairs at me, but then she goes into a small curl. Not the defensive/hiding curl, but a curl that resembles the death curl. Then she'd spread her fangs apart, twiddle her pedipalps and just lay there back in that curl.

I have some pictures to show what her curl looks like.

She's one of my favs (I've been wanting a seemanni for a while, and now that I have acquired one, things go downward). :wall:

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
She's cleaning herself. Not a dearhcurl.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
that looks more bad than good, to me

anything interesting happen in her life recently?

Weird_Arachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that looks more bad than good, to me

anything interesting happen in her life recently?
Not that I know of. I recently purchased her this month. I had her for about 3 weeks. She was eating roaches and crickets readily.

I just went to check up on her and she randomly does a pumping gesture. Like pushing herself up slightly and come back down.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How does she look today? I'm far from being an expert....but if she's still acting weird, is it too soon for an ICU? If she's really not drinking, maybe she's dehydrated?

I hope she gets better.

Weird_Arachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She is not doing any better today either I'm afraid. :(

Thank you all for your well wishes.

She still has some spunk cause she flicked some hairs at me.

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Doesn't look good. Sorry to see that. :(
Beautiful spider.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I'm sorry :(
from your description and pictures I was sure it was just cleaning (some of mine have done so with all but 1 leg curled under) but that is obviously now not the case. Keep it up with the ICU and the humidity; I hope she pulls through for you!

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How does she look today? I'm far from being an expert....but if she's still acting weird, is it too soon for an ICU? If she's really not drinking, maybe she's dehydrated?

I hope she gets better.
Explain why the ICU??? Is that some default problem solver for every spider on this board?
ICU´s are for extremy dehydrated spiders and wont help in any other case. Well if you wanna stress you "T" ICU is propably the thing to use, walking around in an unfamiliar tank with wet towels.

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Explain why the ICU??? Is that some default problem solver for every spider on this board?
ICU´s are for extremy dehydrated spiders and wont help in any other case. Well if you wanna stress you "T" ICU is propably the thing to use, walking around in an unfamiliar tank with wet towels.
You realize that while most of us understand its for dehydrated spiders, if the spider is doing the death curl, and as far as I know there aren't many Tarantula vets you can take them to, then the last ditch effort would be the ICU method?

It's better to try it than to just let whats going to happen, happen. If I knew my spider was on its way out and it wasn't likely from old age, I'd definitely try the ICU method just hoping it would help.

Better to try something than do nothing at all. I hope your T makes it. :(

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have you looked at her mouth for a white fluid or other abnormality?

Weird_Arachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Have you looked at her mouth for a white fluid or other abnormality?
Nothing abnormal like that at all.

Her fangs are spread apart ALL the time. Not wide apart as a threat but just slightly ajar. Like so... (this picture was taken today, a few minutes before this reply)

Last edited:

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not better yet? Any signs of movement? Since it doesn't look any better yet I'm thinking it'll probably pass if it hasn't done so already. :(