I think my tarantulas abdomen exploded :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
That is certainly a rupture, yes. If the tarantula isn't already dead, please put it in the freezer to euthanize it - there is absolutely no hope of recovering from an injury like that.

Do you have any idea what caused this? Chances are that it fell from some height. Not sure what species that is, but it looks like either a terrestrial or a burrower. If your enclosure had too much climbing room, it could have easily fallen and ended up with that rupture. This is also why we vehemently advise against handling, because this is often the result.

If you post pictures of the entire enclosure and include what species this is, we may be able to help you to avoid something like this in the future.

Ocho lady

Arachnopeon
I just noticed this in its water dish :( it’s an Asian giant fawn his enclosure is fairly big I feel horrible I’m super upset

Attachments

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
That’s a ruptured abdomen, I agree with Eulersk post pictures of its entire enclosure, and do you mean Chilobrachys huahini??

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
it’s an Asian giant fawn his enclosure is fairly big I feel horrible I’m super upset
Then yes, it was climbing in an inappropriate enclosure and ended up falling. I mean no offense, but this is a glowing example of what we're always talking about with falls. It just so happened that yours is the result of too much height in an enclosure, but the exact same thing can happen with handling.

All you can do at this point is learn from your mistake.

Ocho lady

Arachnopeon
That’s a ruptured abdomen, I agree with Eulersk post pictures of its entire enclosure, and do you mean Chilobrachys huahini??
Thanks for the useless response

Then yes, it was climbing in an inappropriate enclosure and ended up falling. I mean no offense, but this is a glowing example of what we're always talking about with falls. It just so happened that yours is the result of too much height in an enclosure, but the exact same thing can happen with handling.

All you can do at this point is learn from your mistake.
it looks like she laid eggs in her water dish and then walked to her small burrow and died but now I know for sure never do this again.. her enclosure was definitely too big and had low substrate and oh none taken this is my third tarantula but this was the first time I had mine in a huge enclosure thank u for educating me for the future

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks for the useless response
No need to be aggressive, common names can be easily confusing And I don’t use them so before I cant say anything I wanted to make sure what species it is, can’t recommend anything that I don’t know what actual species it is but forget it if you’re going to be like that.

Ocho lady

Arachnopeon
No need to be aggressive, common names can be easily confusing And I don’t use them so before I cant say anything I wanted to make sure what species it is, can’t recommend anything that I don’t know what actual species it is but forget it if you’re going to be like that.
I’m not being “aggressive” I know what the scientific/Latin name is I chose not to say it so I stand by my response and you obviously knew what kind of tarantula I meant

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I’m not being “aggressive” I know what the scientific/Latin name is I chose not to say it so I stand by my response and you obviously knew what kind of tarantula I meant
Nope I actually didn’t...I had to look it up. So I wanted to double check before I said anything.

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron
I can already tell you are one of those stubborn keepers who refuses to listen and complains about hearing "needs more substrate" too much

Now you know the consequences of that

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Naa of course not ya know who does that *EYE ROLL*
Alright, I know you're upset, but you need to stop taking it out on members. Not a single person has shown you anything but kindness and helpfulness. With the scientific name, I most certainly didn't know that common name, and I've got three of this species. With someone asking that you do research for future animals, clearly you did not. And make no mistake, this animal is dead because you did not do your due diligence and ensure that you were keeping it properly.

I'll say it again: Learn from your mistake and move on. Most importantly, learn from people when they are willing to help.

Ocho lady

Arachnopeon
Alright, I know you're upset, but you need to stop taking it out on members. Not a single person has shown you anything but kindness and helpfulness. With the scientific name, I most certainly didn't know that common name, and I've got three of this species. With someone asking that you do research for future animals, clearly you did not. And make no mistake, this animal is dead because you did not do your due diligence and ensure that you were keeping it properly.

I'll say it again: Learn from your mistake and move on. Most importantly, learn from people when they are willing to help.
I’m not taking it out on anybody they’re responding rude so I’m acting the same way but mkayy I already moved on if they continue to comment as will i

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Nope just defensive to assholes while I’m searching for answers that aren’t rude that’s it really
Not a single person has been that word to you or rude to you. You literally just joined to make this post which leads me to believe you may have gotten incorrect hunsbandry information elsewhere online and not on AB. We get this a lot on here, but Believe it or not everyone who has responded is here to help and care about the well being of tarantulas and their care.

Last edited:

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Not a single person has been an [edit] to you or rude to you. You literally just joined to make this post which leads me to believe you may have gotten incorrect hunsbandry information elsewhere online and not on AB. We get this a lot on here, but Believe it or not everyone who has responded is here to help and care about the well being of tarantulas and their care.
I've said it before, people on here on a scale of 1(don't care much) to 10 (care passionately about).

Wellbeing of someone else's animal :10
Someone who's posting's feelings: 3

Everyone on this thread was trying to help you, OP. Voluntarily giving their time to offer help. Urinating all over it because you're not happy with the advice they gave you, and you think they should have been nicer to you, isn't going to really help you much.

Status
Not open for further replies.