I think my Lp sling is going to die :(

Dravensmom

Arachnosquire
My 1/2 inch lp sling molted last night and was doing great up until a few hours ago. I checked on it and it looks like it is in a death curl. I thought it was dead so i blew on it very lightly and it barely moved. Every time I check it seems to be curling smaller and smaller. did it have a problem during the molt and it there anything I can do? I always make sure a portion on its substrate is wet and mist a tiny spot on his cup so it has a few droplets because i have read they drink like that sometimes. The last time it ate was about a week and a half ago (I tried to feed it more but it was not intrested)

razor244

Arachnopeon
after my slings molt i put a few nice big drops of water in front of them to drink this way they dont have to look very far for it, then i leave them alone. if i take look shortly after they are almost always drinking. it may be as simple as dehydration.

Dravensmom

Arachnosquire
Thank you for you quick responce, I will give that a try.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

now he is slightly uncurled but 3 of his legs on one side are twitching like crazy.. what on eath is going on?:(

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they take a few days to a week to go back to an active style. i have a now 1.5" dls LP sling that just molted the other day, it's still not it's self just yet. they often twitch and stretch and scrunch all the time after a molt.

Dravensmom

Arachnosquire
I am pretty sure its dead:( It has not moved at all since last night and it is just a tiny ball on its side. How long do I wait to see it it is dead?