I think my husband is part tarantula

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
i cut my hubby's hair at home.
I don't think he has human hair though. I'm pretty sure they're urticating hairs. No matter how careful we are to get them all cleaned up, I manage to get one stuck somewhere in my skin. It's always impossible to see and annoying to no end. Balanced perfectly between painful and the worst itch imaginable. I wonder if we'd see barbs if we put them under a microscope.......

magicmed

Arachnobaron
There are a few ways to be sure

Hold a cricket/roach about a foot away from him, see if he reacts, might want to use tongs just in case, this species can have a nasty venom

Does he have a hide? He may refer to it as a "mancave", regardless, if he retreats there in times of distress, or when startled that's his hide. (Test this by yelling across the house "babe time to do the dishes", if he runs to the hide, you've got him.)

Just a couple tests, gotta watch our for those hybrids!

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Very common with NW males :) I buzz my head and find that the small hairs at the back can be like splinters lol

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Yep, looks like a Grammostola husbanna to me. Great T, a little skittish and the hairs can be itchy during premolt like you noticed. I hear they enjoy a nice steak as a treat every now and then ;)