I think my H. lividum is a little too comfortable.

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
About 2 weeks ago I moved her(?) into a gallon jug with the substrate reaching about an inch and a half from the top. Well she completely webbed over the entire floor not to mention webbed all over the sides reaching to the top. Kinda makes it a pain to remove the lid with an angry T right at the base. *sigh*

On the plus side it eagerly ate a roach that my P. murinus refused.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
About 2 weeks ago I moved her(?) into a gallon jug with the substrate reaching about an inch and a half from the top. Well she completely webbed over the entire floor not to mention webbed all over the sides reaching to the top. Kinda makes it a pain to remove the lid with an angry T right at the base. *sigh*

On the plus side it eagerly ate a roach that my P. murinus refused.
Thats a good thing though. :D It hasn't made a burrow yet though?

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nope this is the longest she's gone without constucting a burrow.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nope this is the longest she's gone without constucting a burrow.
I think she finds it so comfortable and cosey(sp?) that she thinks she's in her burrow at all times, so she doesn't have the urge to burrow.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I think she finds it so comfortable and cosey(sp?) that she thinks she's in her burrow at all times, so she doesn't have the urge to burrow.
Yep, that's it. I've got H. longipes, and O. auriotibialis with the same problem. They feel drafts coming in holes, and think the area is rather stable, so they just web it up as their burrow.

-Sean