I think I've finally lost it.....lol

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well Wolfy and I were out yesterday and I thought to myself...I need another pet! For a few years now I've owned and did some breeding with arachnids...then I got into the reptile part of life. ( snakes are addicting too )
So here I was wandering through his work and there it was..Ceratophrys ornata. I thought how cute is this lil guy!! So I have a question about them. How in the heck do I sex them? I'm curious to know if I have a male or female. I've been reading care sheets on this sp. and they seem pretty easy to care for.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You do realize that frogs are just as addictive as any other critter we keep, right? {D

As for care.. when I googled, I found umpteen care sheets so I'll leave it to the experienced folks out there. ;)

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well there should be sites with references to it.. I had a member ID mine as a male because of its nuptial pads in the fore feet (raised dark areas on the insides of the thumbs) and a dark loose throat (which is the males vocal sac). I dont know how young you can tell though.

atropos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had a C. cranwelli, but it´s difficult to sexe them, as mentioned earlier, those are the easiest, but about the care of it, I kept mine on an layer of moist cocopeat and spagnum mos on top of it and a big waterdish and lot´s of food, they´re always hungry {D

As long as the cage is order, you will have a lot of fun with it

A mouth with 4 legs