I think its time.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have my new camera and I think its time for a photo thread. I have a ton to learn, but its going to be fun!

Last edited:

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, those are awesome pics! And baby Ts are always so adorable!!

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome - are those your P. regalis slings? What kind of camera did you get? i would love a good camera. Did the B. smithi slings buy the camera for you? LOL

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got the Nikon D80. The 105mm macro lens is on its way. The top pics are the Regalis slings.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice shots.... The D80 is a great camera.. I have always shot nikon digital. Is the macro a digital lens? If not it will be about a 160mm lens on your camera. Thats just ball park tho... I didn't do the actual conversion.... Congrats...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
nice shots.... The D80 is a great camera.. I have always shot nikon digital. Is the macro a digital lens? If not it will be about a 160mm lens on your camera. Thats just ball park tho... I didn't do the actual conversion.... Congrats...
Its the 105mm macro lens. I played with it some when I was at the store but I did not have the 800 more to cough up.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those are nice shots, the regalis is my favorite:)

Ryan, did you get my PM?

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its the 105mm macro lens. I played with it some when I was at the store but I did not have the 800 more to cough up.
yeah its a great lens... I was refering to the conversion factor of your camera... because the sensor is smaller than full frame on all nikon DSLRs there is a conversion factor of 1.5x I think... it might be 1.6. So you take that 1.5 and multiply it by the 105 of your camera you get the actual focal length of that lens on your camera which would be 157.5mm. Basically, you get a little more zoom out of a lens with a smaller sensor.

Most digital specific lenses has the conversion factor built in so a 105 would really give you 105mm.

Last edited:

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Whoa! Nice shots.

Can you get more depth of field so more is in focus? I'd like to use a shot like that for wallpaper on my laptop.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Whoa! Nice shots.

Can you get more depth of field so more is in focus? I'd like to use a shot like that for wallpaper on my laptop.
I am working on that, there are so many new buttons on this thing I am re learning how to work it.
I did this though which I thought was cool.

Feathers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cripes! The flower pics just reach out and smack ya one! I sure know what I'll be getting for Christmas. What did it set you back, Ryan? I ran thru the D80 on eBay and prices aren't that bad till you start figuring in lenses.

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a decent point and shoot but I still suck a pics. Good shots Ryan!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Did you notice the date of the post? He probably does not even have that camera anymore......Tooooooo many old posts being bumped up the past few weeks.....