I think I scored BIG!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been seeing a woman for about a month now and finally, nervously, broke it to her yesterday about my less-than-normal pets. Rather than being weirded out, she was FASCINATED! She told me she thought they were beautiful animals. She has no idea!

So, today, after we had lunch together and went back to our respective jobs, she asked to see some of 'em. I sent her some pics, one of a P. irminia sling, another of Nacho, my young OBT. She thought they were adorable and amazed at their colors! But I haven't showed her the other 18 species I have, let alone the wide diversity still out there.

Not only am I relieved, I'm excited I might be able to share the hobby with her. Eventually, if she likes 'em, I'll get one for her (or 20). Thanks Shell for the suggestions, a versi or elegans might be perfect (she seems to like the idea of little ones).

I just can't believe how amazing this woman is! Funny, intelligent, kind, fine as all hell, a wonderful mother, and ok with creepy crawlies! Once we work out her troubles (see Vent Thread for that drama), the potential is outstanding :D:D:D

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just remember though..

Having 1-2 is nice and can't be argued but having 200 is another story :)

While my wife doesn't mind my T's she certainly does not want me going hog-wild as of yet so keep that in mind.

What fascinates initially may turn into complete terror knowing it's an obsession, lol.

Congrats on the gal, the T's and the upcoming times together!

Cheers,

rori

Arachnopeon
Congrats

Your are very lucky.But, becarful don't make her think you upsest.
I remebered when i told my ex that I kept tarantulas she said eww and ran away.:wall:

Anyways you are extremely lucky. Congrats

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
your lucky,not me

i once brought a woman home , i went to the bathroom she walked into the wrong room , the t room , i think, but i all i heard was a blood curdling scream , some stuff get nocked over and my door slammed, i guess it woke up my neighbors ,cause they called the cops. that was an awesome night trying to explain to cops what happened. thank god i buried all the bodies that were in the basement huh..............

ok im sorry , i just thought this would be a funny story if any of it was 'true'.

i have been rejected because of my snake collection and my tarantula collection. everybody thinks im weird for some reason dont know why?

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
Everyone has hobbies.....its when you talk about them all the time or become so consumed with it that you become a sociopath or incapable of communicating with another person, let alone a woman......I met my wife and got married way before I started the whole T collection....Thats the catch, finding someone who enjoys that sort of stuff too.....trying to force something on someone when they have a phobia about it always turns out bad.....

Good luck on the girl......

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i once brought a woman home , i went to the bathroom she walked into the wrong room , the t room , i think, but i all i heard was a blood curdling scream , some stuff get nocked over and my door slammed, i guess it woke up my neighbors ,cause they called the cops. that was an awesome night trying to explain to cops what happened. thank god i buried all the bodies that were in the basement huh..............

ok im sorry , i just thought this would be a funny story if any of it was 'true'.

i have been rejected because of my snake collection and my tarantula collection. everybody thinks im weird for some reason dont know why?
She didn't knock over anything important (cages) did she?

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My wife started off when we were dating being creeped out by my Ts. Then she started to actually look at them and learn a little bit, and she became fascinated. Fast forward three years:

We are married, and her wishlist is longer than mine! It's always great when the other half decides your hobby/addiction isn't so weird after all. {D

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She didn't knock over anything important (cages) did she?
oh that was what i like to say ' creative fiction' :)i just wanted to get some s**** and giggles out of people;P , i proly shouldnt have posted it,:rolleyes: but im having a bad day:8o , so im trying to make the best of the bad you know:};)

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been seeing a woman for about a month now and finally, nervously, broke it to her yesterday about my less-than-normal pets. Rather than being weirded out, she was FASCINATED! She told me she thought they were beautiful animals. She has no idea!

So, today, after we had lunch together and went back to our respective jobs, she asked to see some of 'em. I sent her some pics, one of a P. irminia sling, another of Nacho, my young OBT. She thought they were adorable and amazed at their colors! But I haven't showed her the other 18 species I have, let alone the wide diversity still out there.

Not only am I relieved, I'm excited I might be able to share the hobby with her. Eventually, if she likes 'em, I'll get one for her (or 20). Thanks Shell for the suggestions, a versi or elegans might be perfect (she seems to like the idea of little ones).

I just can't believe how amazing this woman is! Funny, intelligent, kind, fine as all hell, a wonderful mother, and ok with creepy crawlies! Once we work out her troubles (see Vent Thread for that drama), the potential is outstanding :D:D:D
Well,JMHO.....That’s kind of like telling her you Rob banks at night and she likes it….LOL!

peterock44

Arachnopeon
my girlfriend didnt particuarly like my collection at first upon moving in with me. then she did some searching on google and came up with a pic of an obt. she then asked me, "why dont you have one of these, they are pretty?" shortly later i found an add and a gorgeous female obt arrived today.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks all! I haven't specifically mentioned how many I have, just more than 5 or 6. She asked if I have over 30, I said no, not quite (29 :rolleyes:). The way she asked, it almost seems like if I did, she'd have been ok with it. Fortunately, a bunch of my Ts are gonna be on the way out as I have duplicates of species (only want one female of each). And if she can't deal with that many, I'll pare it down even more. I'm just happy she's openminded enough to accept that I have them to begin with (snakes she'd be less tolerant of though). She even said that she appreciated that I was different in that regard. So, we'll see. I'm just stoked, I was sweatin' her reaction and I just had to share! She seems really into me and I'm definitely feeling her so hopefully this is the start of something serious :)

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks all! I haven't specifically mentioned how many I have, just more than 5 or 6. She asked if I have over 30, I said no, not quite (29 :rolleyes:). The way she asked, it almost seems like if I did, she'd have been ok with it. Fortunately, a bunch of my Ts are gonna be on the way out as I have duplicates of species (only want one female of each). And if she can't deal with that many, I'll pare it down even more. I'm just happy she's openminded enough to accept that I have them to begin with (snakes she'd be less tolerant of though). She even said that she appreciated that I was different in that regard. So, we'll see. I'm just stoked, I was sweatin' her reaction and I just had to share! She seems really into me and I'm definitely feeling her so hopefully this is the start of something serious :)
Grats and seems all will go well :)

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Thanks Shell for the suggestions, a versi or elegans might be perfect (she seems to like the idea of little ones).
You're very welcome :D You already know that I am super happy for you, but I'm saying it again. I say go for the elegans, super cute AND they have hearts on their bum, what girl could resist.

boonbear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats. My wife has a good tolerance for my pets. When we first moved in together I bought a kingsnake. I was in the navy, and she later told me she planned to get rid of it when I went out to sea, but she fed it a few times, and ended up loving it. She actually ended up getting her own.

The same did NOT happen with the T's. Like I said, tolerance would be the best word. She told me I would have to get rid of a few if I wanted more. Bummer. Glad to hear your friend is interested.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
OMG No!! The dreadful happened last night

Nice story. Good to have a woman who loves the things you love

Last edited:

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My wifes is cool with the Tarantulas. Its the roaches that she hates.

If you keep roaches, and unless this girl is VERY open minded, I wouldnt tell her about them unless asked.:)

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very Cool

As to a couple comments one of my friends told his wife....do you want me drinking and doing drugs or tarantulas.....always thought that is a great arguement ;)

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As to a couple comments one of my friends told his wife....do you want me drinking and doing drugs or tarantulas.....always thought that is a great arguement ;)
Totally there Ken and I've used the same argument already...

I could be out trashin up the town and our lives but Noooooo I stay at home most of the time being the man and father you want me to be and all I ask is to have this once caveat in life...

Needless to say it doesn't get me much.. much.. lol

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Luckily

Luckily my wife loves the bugs as I do so I don't have to do anything. JBM if you find someone that loves things you do its a keeper! :)

odiakkoh

Arachnosquire
I agree, a lot of hobbies are better than drugs and such but I still reel my husband in when his hobbies start sucking his time away from the family. As long as there's balance, I have no issues.