I think I scored BIG!

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I agree, a lot of hobbies are better than drugs and such but I still reel my husband in when his hobbies start sucking his time away from the family. As long as there's balance, I have no issues.
Tis true too! There always has to be time for the family.

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
thats cool. me and my gf share 3 of our hobbies. cars, reefs and snakes. shes actually even thinking about getting a T lo. its great to be able to do the things you like with your other half.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As to a couple comments one of my friends told his wife....do you want me drinking and doing drugs or tarantulas.....always thought that is a great arguement ;)
this is a great point, ken. i'm not trying to minimalize addiction (if it is present, which is a whole different discussion, let me say) but at least non-destructive hobbies are a positive outlet for such inclinations and a positive track to be on.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My wifes is cool with the Tarantulas. Its the roaches that she hates.

If you keep roaches, and unless this girl is VERY open minded, I wouldnt tell her about them unless asked.:)
She asked what I feed the tarantulas and when I told her crickets, she kind of wrinkled her nose. I laughed and told her about the alternative. She didn't seem thrilled at the idea of keeping roaches but at the same time, she wasn't horrified. Still, I'm not sure I can get into the idea of keeping roaches myself so I'm fine with crickets.

Thats all good points, I could be using my money on more destructive habits. With this particular aspect of me getting a pass, I have a much more difficult task ahead: getting her to adopt a more healthy lifestyle. I need to be very sensitive to her habits, as she is to mine....but thats a topic for a different forum altogether lol

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I recently met a girl who is cool with them as well Jeff. It was such a huge relief to see that she didn't mind them. She even asked to hold one. I let her handle one of my small versicolor babies and eventually she held the mother. I couldn't believe it. Most people are freaked out about the tarantulas I have, but not her. She's a keeper. :)