I think i have been bitten

ShoddyGoon

Arachnopeon
Not sure if I'm in the right location to post this but here we go. About a month ago I was painting inside my kitchen cupboards when I felt a sharp pain in my side It felt like something a bit me. When I went to look at where I assumed the bite was I did not see anything. About a day later I noticed these red bumps almost like blisters around where I thought I've been bitten. And then I noticed more little red blister like bumps on the middle of my lower back and on my stomach. The ones on my back and my stomach were the little bigger then the ones were initially I thought that might have been bitten but there was only few and they were spread out more. Where the initial bite I think had happens there was approximately 15 to 20 little blisters. I've attached photos of what it currently looks like which it's still has bumps but the blisters that were red are now almost brown and I was wondering if anybody could let me know if it's for sure spider bite or if it's a different type of bug that made a bit me. I am currently without a doctor and any help would be appreciated. Oh and I forgot I live two hours outside of Toronto in Ontario Canada if that helps at all thanks for the help 20200221_133421.jpg 20200221_133955.jpg 20200221_133856.jpg 20200221_133935.jpg

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I think something else poked you and now you’re having a reaction to it.

ShoddyGoon

Arachnopeon
It been over a month but when it first happened it was red and white almost looked like a water blisters

ShoddyGoon

Arachnopeon
It was also burned and thats what made me notice it i no i dont have venous spiders in my house buy could ur basic house spider do something like this

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Not that I’m an expert. But the blister almost looks like herpes. I found this: Herpes simplex infection of the lower back and buttocks—also called sacral herpes simplex or genital herpes—is a common recurrent skin condition associated with infection by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). ... Furthermore, these tender sores may come back periodically in the same sites

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I know that HSV can lay dormant for years. Not saying that’s what it is, but that blister cluster was the first thing that came to mind.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Go to a dermatologist. There is only so much that can be done by researching on the internet.

The scenario you describe would not be unusual for a spider bite, however you never saw anything. The widespread and long lasting reaction that you described would make a spider bite unlikely. You really ought to go see someone for a real idea of what you are dealing with.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It is impossible to tell what - if anything - bit you, just from pictures or descriptions of bites, blisters, or other skin conditions. There are a great many things that can cause skin reactions, many of which have nothing to do with bugs or spiders - and the resulting lumps, lesions, rashes, or other symptoms all look pretty much the same.

With any potential bite or sting, if it is causing you significant distress, is getting worse (or failing to get better over a long period of time), appears to be infected, or if you are experiencing systemic effects such as a sudden or high fever, dizziness, nausea, difficulty breathing or swallowing, or swelling of the mouth or throat, you should seek professional medical assistance.

Strangers on the internet - however well-intentioned - are no substitute for real medical care. You could have a dozen different people giving you a dozen different "diagnoses" - and they could all be completely wrong.

Veles

Arachnobaron
dermatologist, ASAP, before that thing gets infected and instead of a little rash, you end up with a gnarly looking fleshy hole.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
As described and pictured, it matches Shingles (Herpes). Around the waist - typical, irritated by waist band or clothing - typical, time frame - typical, recurrent and or persistent - typical. Dermatologist time.

H. Zoster can be caused by chicken pox contracted as a child.

Last edited:

Poonjab

Arachnoking
As described and pictured, it matches Shingles (Herpes). Around the waist - typical, irritated by waist band of clothing - typical, time frame - typical, recurrent and or persistent - typical. Dermatologist time.

H. Zoster can be caused by chicken pox contracted as a child.
Thank you for cleaning that up for me. My intent wasn’t to make a joke. But from all things described, this stood out to me.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
It was also burned and thats what made me notice it i no i dont have venous spiders in my house buy could ur basic house spider do something like this
All spiders are venomous. The only ones in Southern Ontario who tend to cause much of an issue are the Cheiracanthium species. These are NOT spider bites. Visit a walk in clinic as soon as you can.