I think I have a serious problem....

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I just can't stop buying Avicularia metallicas... Even worse I find my self skipping my dutys around the house to stare at and take pictures of them:hungry:.. If I catch someone watching me stare at them too long I isolate myself in my room and stare at the pictures I took of them at all hours of the night admiring there beauty and imagining how fuzzy they feel..

I lie to my friends and family about the true numbers I actually have and the prices I have paid... Just the other night my friend found the fourth enclosure hidden under my couch with some polaroids that I snapped of my largest female spread out on the side of her enclosure:cold:...

Lately I have been considering taking the next step and actually video taping myself interacting with these beautys either feeding them big fat roaches or just rambling on about how beautiful they are and why I'm so addicted... I Don't want help but I think I need it :sorry:...

Anyways :rofl: ...Here are some pics of my four A.mets I hope you enjoy them.. Feel free to post pics of yours and or discuss anything you want about this species... 20170307_000454.jpg she is so beautiful even in premolt.. Hopefully she will have a new suit any day now! 20170307_000715.jpg This girl while extremely attractive is one of the most defensive Tarantulas I have ever come across.. No threats no warnings whatever touches her ( straws when doing transfers) she hits like a Great White! She is also in pre-molt ATM.. 20170307_000554.jpg This is my largest girl.. She is so damn mellow it's unbelievable.. In order to get a better view of her I would of really had to push her hard with the straw as she is seemingly oblivious to anything other than food.. Even then she takes it gently.. I LOVE this girl!:angelic:... When I get a better angle of her I will attatch it to the thread.. 20170307_002928.jpg I just picked this girl up last night.. She is very calm but still scared as hell from the ride home and the new enclosure so I didn't want to bother her to get a better picture.. Once she settles in and webs I will add a better pic of her..

I hope you enjoy my lady's as much as I do!

basin79

ArachnoGod
The Spider Shop have got preorders up for the Typhochlaena seladon. 1cm slings for £375!!! I'm sure you'd find them attractive. Just not the price tag glup.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
The Spider Shop have got preorders up for the Typhochlaena seladon. 1cm slings for £375!!! I'm sure you'd find them attractive. Just not the price tag glup.
I can't wait until those Typhochlaena become readily available in the hobby. I also REALLY hope we don't screw this up like we did for the poor B. albopilosum...

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I love looking at them in other people's collection but I'm not a fan of small Ts regardless of color.. I refer to my H.sp columbia large as my orange wolf spiders and those are the last dwarfs I will ever own even thow I have grown to love them..

Even though I am in love with the Genus Avicularia, regular old A.avic loses points because of it's relatively small size.. Minatrix is an avic that is beautiful but will never be in my collection do to it's small size..

The attraction to A.metallica is do in part to there large legspan and bulky super fuzzy appearance... Same reason I love N.tripepii.. Its a big wookie with eight legs..

Last edited:

boina

Lady of the mites
Why, oh why do people do this? It's like an AA meeting where people hand around liquor: 'Hey did you try this? Tastes really good!'
Here people show pics of Ts to other addicts: 'Hey, look at this. Isn't it pretty?'

Now I want an Avic.:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Why, oh why do people do this? It's like an AA meeting where people hand around liquor: 'Hey did you try this? Tastes really good!'
Here people show pics of Ts to other addicts: 'Hey, look at this. Isn't it pretty?'

Join us.......

IMG_8243.JPG

basin79

ArachnoGod

You know you want one.

boina

Lady of the mites
People around here at just mean, mean enablers of addiction, really. I'm fighting real hard :hurting:, but the pull of the Avics gets stronger with every pic...:wideyed:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I never wanted Avics...and now I have three. And I definitely need the fluff that is A. metallica...and the purple of A. purpurea...
They're just way too cute for their own good.

Those toes...

Little A. geroldi, so cute I want to cry :arghh:

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I never wanted Avics...and now I have three. And I definitely need the fluff that is A. metallica...and the purple of A. purpurea...
They're just way too cute for their own good.

Those toes...

Little A. geroldi, so cute I want to cry :arghh:
Likewise, I have never really felt the urge to get an Avic but seeing all these great pics I may join you all on the darkside lol!

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Likewise, I have never really felt the urge to get an Avic but seeing all these great pics I may join you all on the darkside lol!
They're really interesting. I wasn't into the cuteness (or the poop flinging) but now that I have them, I understand their appeal. Their mannerisms are just so different than any other T I have that it makes me want so many. I love my terrestrials and that's where my heart is but these fluffy little weirdos are so great in their own way. I definitely recommend picking up at least one, you won't regret it.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
They're really interesting. I wasn't into the cuteness (or the poop flinging) but now that I have them, I understand their appeal. Their mannerisms are just so different than any other T I have that it makes me want so many. I love my terrestrials and that's where my heart is but these fluffy little weirdos are so great in their own way. I definitely recommend picking up at least one, you won't regret it.
What species is good to start with or are most Avics quite standard across the board?

Paiige

Arachnobaron
What species is good to start with or are most Avics quite standard across the board?
I got an Avic avic to start. From my understanding they're pretty hardy compared to, say (former Avic) C. versicolor. They're also the least expensive and most readily available. But their care is pretty much all the same.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
A. metallica is a perfect starter Avic. Husbandry is easy peasy and they're great eaters. And as 14pokies pointed out, they grow to be big and fluffy! Mine is incredibly docile and cooperative when I'm doing cage maintenance.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I got an Avic avic to start. From my understanding they're pretty hardy compared to, say (former Avic) C. versicolor. They're also the least expensive and most readily available. But their care is pretty much all the same.
OK thanks for the info, will definitely look into getting one!

clive 82

Arachnoknight
A. metallica is a perfect starter Avic. Husbandry is easy peasy and they're great eaters. And as 14pokies pointed out, they grow to be big and fluffy! Mine is incredibly docile and cooperative when I'm doing cage maintenance.
The metallica certainly is a nice looking T.