I stopped counting at 43 scorplings 8^O

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of my V. spinigerus females finally popped tonight. I thought something was up when I came home for lunch earlier today & saw she was in digging overdrive.

Got back from my bf's house tonight to discover her covered in babys :D

I counted 43, looks like there's at least another 10 or so covered by the ones on the top layer & ones still developing. My camera died after the first pic so i'll have to get more tomorrow.

And I have two more females to go :eek:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
holy crap thats awesome :3
Thanks :D I'm still in shock! I read this species could have a huge brood, I just figured maybe the articles I read were being generous :D

One of the others is equally fat, if not more-so :eek: The third is either carrying less (I hope!) or not as far along.

And I have a group of V. waueri arriving Friday along with an estimated 30-50 babies.

I will be up to my eye balls in scorpions :eek: {D

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL I will GLADLY take a "few" off your hands.... let me know

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heard rumors they could have up to 80 :) mine had around 35, only 3 are left as when they went to 3i, they ate each other pretty fast. It's hard to manage babies this small, maybe for me. It was my first brood so i've learned from it :)

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep, there's around 60 little ones clinging to her. Poor thing, I can't imagine how she is walking :eek: