I sincerely apologize...

Swolecat

Arachnopeon
But I did not know where else to ask this. I am a bit frightened that I might have a spider problem outside of my house. Would anyone be kind enough to help identify the spider in this photo?

Attachments

14pokies

Arachnoprince
It's just an orbweaver.. With the type of native wild life in Louisiana that little spider should be the least of your concerns.. They like all spiders are mildly venomous but they are completely harmless to humans...

Catch a bug and toss it in it's web it's pretty interesting watching them eat :)..

For future reference topics concerning true spiders belongs in the true spiders and other arachnids sub forum..

Since your new we will let you slide this time ;).. Maybe...Lol.

Swolecat

Arachnopeon
It's just an orbweaver.. With the type of native wild life in Louisiana that little spider should be the least of your concerns.. They like all spiders are mildly venomous but they are completely harmless to humans...

Catch a bug and toss it in it's web it's pretty interesting watching them eat :)..

For future reference topics concerning true spiders belongs in the true spiders and other arachnids sub forum..

Since your new we will let you slide this time ;).. Maybe...Lol.
Thank you very much! I wanted to make sure it wasn't a brown recluse or something :anxious:. I am very sorry for posting in the wrong place.

Leonardo the Mage

Arachnosquire
Thank you very much! I wanted to make sure it wasn't a brown recluse or something :anxious:. I am very sorry for posting in the wrong place.
It's completely fine. People only get mad when users who have been on here for months and know how to get around are to lazy to use the right section. Someone like you who's here for the first time is expected to make a few mistakes.

I'd like to welcome you to the freakshow that is this website. As long as you are relatively polite, and don't try to do something completely stupid or cruel on here, you can expect everyone else to be nice as well. There aren't many people in the hobby, so we are a very friendly and welcoming community for people willing to learn and have fun.

If you have a question, find the section that seems to fit best. Breeding questions go in the breeding section, general tarantula questions go in the tarantula section, and true spider questions go in the true spider section. It's usually fairly simple, and if you put it in the wrong section, the moderators can move your thread for you.

I look forward to seeing how you grow into our hobby!

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Also, brown recluses won't live in webs like that. If it has a web, it will be messy and probably under something.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Google is also your friend ;) A brown recluse looks nothing like that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_recluse_spider

Seeing a single spider does not constitute as a "spider problem". These are one of the most successful arthropods on the planet, good luck finding somewhere that doesn't have a spider within a few yards of you.

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
Not disagreeing with being an orb weaver, just a bad angle, for me. This is one I took of an orb weaver in Louisiana. FB_IMG_1478393391188.jpg

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
Spiders aren't so scary or a problem when you learn more about them, know they're relatively harmless (for the most part), and not plotting to kill you.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
That is a really cool picture with the shadow in the background and all.