I should have never bought a T

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I should have listened to the warnings. It's only been 3 days, and I already have $100 put away for buying more Ts. I have a list of Ts that I want, each bookmarked. In fact, I even have a whole, cleared off shelf for them! Tarantulas are addictive! I said I was going to get just one and I thought I was only going to get just one but there are s...o...me...*is hypnotized by G. Pulchra* I honestly think this is going to be my biggest hobby yet.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's horribly addicting isn't it?

I have an entire bookshelf now for my Ts & scorps :D

First it was a couple of G. pulchripes, an A. hentzi, & an Avic sp. because my bf, at the time, wasn't fond of them so I went for nice ones.

Then he removed himself from the picture, so I immediately started adding the bad boys.

My birthday is this upcoming weekend & I know my presents are going to suck, so i'm making it better with another T order :D

And you can't forget that it eventually developes to more then just Ts :D Scorpions, because they just make sense. Cockroaches to feed everyone.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's horribly addicting isn't it?

I have an entire bookshelf now for my Ts & scorps :D

First it was a couple of G. pulchripes, an A. hentzi, & an Avic sp. because my bf, at the time, wasn't fond of them so I went for nice ones.

Then he removed himself from the picture, so I immediately started adding the bad boys.

My birthday is this upcoming weekend & I know my presents are going to suck, so i'm making it better with another T order :D

And you can't forget that it eventually developes to more then just Ts :D Scorpions, because they just make sense. Cockroaches to feed everyone.
if my boyfriend removes himself from the picture, i'm buying some pokies and some 'pedes and putting the cap on my collection at something shiny, like 50 :p

*sigh* compromise is no fun, sometimes...

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if my boyfriend removes himself from the picture, i'm buying some pokies and some 'pedes and putting the cap on my collection at something shiny, like 50 :p

*sigh* compromise is no fun, sometimes...
I went straight for a P. ornata & 3 T. gigas :D

Our relationship was pretty new so there wasn't compromise. I pretty much told him I was buying some nice species of Ts & if he had problems, we'd discuss it when they got bigger :D

TerribleGrizz

Arachnopeon
BurntSnow-I know exactly what you mean. I've only had my G. pulchra for a week and I've already found myself making a wishlist of T's I want to get and finding space to keep them. :D

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
BurntSnow-I know exactly what you mean. I've only had my G. pulchra for a week and I've already found myself making a wishlist of T's I want to get and finding space to keep them. :D
We're both unsuspecting newbies to the T world.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I went from one T.... To almost 300 in my first month... :D My first tarantula dropped a surprise egg sac on me.. {D

Now I am down to a more resonable number.. A little over 150-200... Slings, Juvies, & Adults.... Im still adding.. :D

Very addicting.... :D

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I know exactly what you mean! I begged my parents for ONE tarantula. Then it became two, then three, and then we found one that needed rescuing... and here we are today! {D

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, at least with this addiction you get to still keep your teeth and you won't make you smell bad;)

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Yeah, there's nothing bad about this addiction. It's a healthy alternative.

mischiefhaze

Arachnopeon
If this were anymore addictive we would have a 12 step program.
I went from none to 7 T's and a small colony of Dubia roaches in no time.

Just remember, if they turn off the lights for lack of payment, you've gone too far. lol

Good luck Burntsnow

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It wouldn't be so addictive if spiders weren't so friggen awesome! {D

Seriously.. we went from 1 A. avic to over 40... and there are still more that I want! :drool: lol

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
If this were anymore addictive we would have a 12 step program.
I went from none to 7 T's and a small colony of Dubia roaches in no time.

Just remember, if they turn off the lights for lack of payment, you've gone too far. lol

Good luck Burntsnow
Thank you so much. LOL!

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You think tarantulas are bad....try getting into cigars.:embarrassed:

Tarantulas = Alcohol

Cigars= CRACK!

But, welcome to the world of spiders.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I love this hobby. I got 60 Ts now and ive been keeping for a year now. Im starting on some naturalistic enclosures as of today. Ill probably get hooked on enclosures with nice plants. I am planning on making a crazy enclosure for my T. spinipes "burgundy" when it gets bigger.;P

AndreJ18

Arachnopeon
I have same problem bought like 2months ago b.smithi now i have alredy 9 Ts and i have list i will end up probably at 20Ts

My pokies now
a.versicolor
b.smithi
h.incei
p.irminia
p.cambridgei 2x
g.rosea
l.parahybana
a.geniculata

And soon coming new 3Ts

I am addicted alredy and my friend is addicted to. He saw my spiders and now he have alredy 7 in collection.

possumburg

Arachnosquire
I know what you mean. I bought my first T Saturday (G rosea) and I'm already trying to track down a G pulchra and possibly a B vagans. And the list is just growing from there lol.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I know what you mean. I bought my first T Saturday (G rosea) and I'm already trying to track down a G pulchra and possibly a B vagans. And the list is just growing from there lol.
Damien (scoolman) is selling some Pulchra slings. They're healthy and cheap.