I should change her name...

captmarga

Arachnobaron
..to "Sits with Ar*se in Waterdish". My big Red Rump female seems to favor this spot. Her booklungs are clear of the water. But she has actually dunked her spinnerettes...

It's possible she's gravid, but I don't see any signs of molt, burrowing, mat-spinning. She's done minimal webbing. She seems content, and she's eating. Maybe she just likes her bath...

Temp and humidity in range, substrate good, has hide, etc, etc. So those are fine. Just a quirk, like Scrunchie, my seemani, who scrunches up at least half the day...

Marga

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Diablo, my vagans, does this very thing.

To further the oddness, last night I dripped water into his water dish - as expected, he reacted as if I had just insulted his mother, reared back and had a boxing match with the drops as they fell - he then froze in one mean strike pose - I rushed to get my camera, came back and there he sat, face-first in the water dish, just as you described. So, in order to get him to re-create the pose, I dripped the water again - no reaction - so I dripped droplets on his carapace and red-rump - that oughta get 'im! But ... no reaction. :? I started to wonder if in his spit-fit he had inadvertently drowned himself ... but no, he had apparently forgiven the offending raindrops and was doing the ole water-dish hug again ...

Just what exactly is up with this crazy guy I don't know, but he's nothing if not unpredictable ... that's why I love him (from a distance ...)!

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Was that the Panama Red Rump I sent you? She may be gravid like I said, I paired her up a month or so before I sent her to you. The other female I have appears to be getting larger. Maybe I got lucky and they both got good insertions!

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Was that the Panama Red Rump I sent you? She may be gravid like I said, I paired her up a month or so before I sent her to you. The other female I have appears to be getting larger. Maybe I got lucky and they both got good insertions!
Roaddog - yes, HRM Victoria is the one you sent me. She is eating (snarfled crickets yesterday, and I have some liver to try for tomorrow) but has done very little webbing. I watch her daily to see if she has dug or webbed anything.

Marga