I Screwed Up (Versicolors won't eat

zennigan

Arachnopeon
hello guys, newbie here

i have the same prob with my a. versi.. (same size)..
i have her (hopefully) about 1 week+ now and she just wont eat :(

i was hoping she was in premoult but its been more than a week now and im just past worried ><" (though i offered here dead pinhead lats so she has option [instead of starving to death])..

does she hate me? :(

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It is completly normal. Give them a week ore two to aclimate to the new enviroment and then they will eat. Just watch how nice webb they will do. ;)

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For small slings, I use small silk aquarium plants.

Go ahead and plants or something in there, that way they might be convinced to web lower then the lid. Otherwise you'll have to restress them if you wait to put plants in there since they are webbing the lids.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
For small slings, I use small silk aquarium plants.

Go ahead and plants or something in there, that way they might be convinced to web lower then the lid. Otherwise you'll have to restress them if you wait to put plants in there since they are webbing the lids.
Once I get the 50 drams (tomorrow or Friday), I'll put a plant in their new containers.

Midknight xrs, thanks for the info. I have 4 Ts. Also, as I said, I can't reach in and get the crickets. The versis are really small. Therefore, the container is also small and narrow.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Then it's probably not premolt. They're moving a lot-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvrbSuuawhY
and one bolted when I put the cricket inside.
On an Avic that small, you will see the legs go from a nice pink to darker when they are in premolt. They definitely wont eat and are definitely lathargic.

Ignore this post, I thought they were Avic avics. Not Avic versicolor. They have dark legs, not pink legs. Sorry for the misinfo.

Last edited:

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
On an Avic that small, you will see the legs go from a nice pink to darker when they are in premolt. They definitely wont eat and are definitely lathargic.

Ignore this post, I thought they were Avic avics. Not Avic versicolor. They have dark legs, not pink legs. Sorry for the misinfo.
That's ok. I assumed you were incorrect because Versicolors don't have pink legs, but it's right in the title-
(Versicolors won't eat

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
hello guys, newbie here

i have the same prob with my a. versi.. (same size)..
i have her (hopefully) about 1 week+ now and she just wont eat :(

i was hoping she was in premoult but its been more than a week now and im just past worried ><" (though i offered here dead pinhead lats so she has option [instead of starving to death])..

does she hate me? :(
Your Ts will eat when they please. Just keep them hydrated. Why does everyone think Ts are going to starve themselves to death?!? It never happends. Your T could go for a month without eating and be just fine.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I'm not worried they will starve to death. I'm worried that something is wrong and not eating is a symptom.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I'm not worried they will starve to death. I'm worried that something is wrong and not eating is a symptom.
I have never heard of a sling not eating but acting completly healthy otherwise and dieing. I think your worrying for no reason. Its completly illogical. The only thing you can do is to keep good humidity and water available. And leave them in a dark undisturbed place. End of story. :)

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I have never heard of a sling not eating but acting completly healthy otherwise and dieing. I think your worrying for no reason. Its completly illogical. The only thing you can do is to keep good humidity and water available. And leave them in a dark undisturbed place. End of story. :)
They're slings. Do I need a water dish?