I saved my Gbb sling just in time!!!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
4 days ago i found that all 4 of my gbb slings had molted. I marked all of them molted on "the tarantula keepers record" software.

Tonight i was rehousing them and found GBB#3 had its legs back sitting upright. It was very strange. Reminded me a bit of satanslittlehelper's M. balfouri. My gut had instantly sank.. Then i noticed it was .25" smaller than my other Ts.

It hadnt molted and the sub was a bit dry :eek: :( I was sure it had been attempting to molt for at least a day.:? but i couldnt be too sure.

Well i figured id put some drops of water on her mouth. The drops were huge and wouldnt separate due to the miniscus. So i put the poor little thing in icu upside down and gave her a good misting then put her in the back of my mini climate control at 87 deg.

I was sure id be looking at her suffer for days. 3 minutes later she is done molting!!! I am so stoked about this!! I was sure she was a gonner.. I was tempted to give her new house to another T.

I figured a little faith is what brought her through tonight. Ive decided on the name Hope!! I hope anyone that has a molt problem doesnt give up and can hold out to give there T the chance it needs to pull through.:rolleyes:

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats on the save. Close call. Weird two of these things happening so close together with different keepers. Anyways once again congrats.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good going and you have a nice sling collection there.