i rescued a pink toe from local pet store

soulreaver_x01

Arachnopeon
ok,they had quite a few t's in the store in terrible crampy crappy containers.so,i had to bring him or her home!!!!now then,lol..I got a climber i see!!i put him or her in a 10 gallon tank..what possibly to put in so he she can climb?is a tree branch ok??thanx every 1 for the help!!

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They do well in taller tanks. Rather than a regular 10 gallon glass tank.

Put a little substrate in about 2 inches at the bottom and some cork bark and fake plants/branches/vines for them to climb on and web. Don't forget a shallow water dish at the bottom.

I use the Tall Exo-Terra tanks for my avics and pokies. Lots of ventilation and you can get in through the front doors or the lid.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
pretty much what Kaine said, but I spend as little as possible for T enclosures just because they can get costly. get plastic Rubbermaid jars. drill holes in the top of the lid and 1/4 of the way down from the top of the jar. place roughly 2" of substrate in there, a piece of driftwood or whatever wood you like (make sure you properly cleaned it), place the driftwood in there lengthwise since that's the only way you can, and the arboreal will love it. Since A.Avics really don't get that large, it will do well in a gallon size jar.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hmmm lets see. I have a 10 gallon aquarium and an arboreal i rescued . I think i would sit the tank on its end and make a vertical tank out of it. still liek they said a couple inches of substrate and some climbing/ web anchoring items like cork bark and the fake vines . as far as the top you can use a plain screen lid and a short piece of plexiglass and put the plexi glass in ther eto cover the bottom 1/2 or so and cover it with the screen cover .

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
congrats on the new t but next time pls try and buy from someone who doesnt treat there animals badly like this!by saving this spider your only supporting these bad conditions.soon the one u bought will be replace by another and kept the same way.

soulreaver_x01

Arachnopeon
i felt so bad for all of them there,but you are right,another will replace it..i bought my first "childern"from botar.ok,i sat the 10 gallon upright,and put fake tree branches from a household phoney plant(sorry dad!!,lol)in the corner.should i still provide a hide at the bottom?or nevermind,straight climber huh?this also is a very calm little critter!!lol

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
setup for arboreals

I have been doing my arboreals this way - I use walmart tall clear round storage containers (yep I dont do aquariums, I have cats and dont want a knocked-over aquarium and T escaping thru a broken glass pane), peat moss on the bottom, couple inches, a piece of bark that reaches from the bottom to near the top, for running/resting area, leaned over to create a snug crevice, and plenty of ventilation holes. My arboreals love to hide underneath the bark upside down , and move to the top side of it to hang out.