I really need to get back...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
into scorpions. Who wants to help? I do have 2 Pandinus imperators, but thats just a basic scorp. I'm talking about really getting into it.

What scorpions would you guys reccomend for me in the near future? (no limits, any scorp)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
haha thats funny Brian{D

But seriously, what scorps would reccomend. I want something active that will sting. What about B. jacksoni(sp.)?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you might wanna think about any of the Centruroide species as well... my C vitts are always on the move and readily sting prey...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had about 18 C.vittatus awhile back and they were great, I think I'll get a couple of those as well, but still want something else.

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lychas sp. are real fun too. You might want to grab a few of those.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yea Brian, I think they'd be interesting to you. They can sting you know, so, you better read up on them first:rolleyes: :rolleyes: . I haven't been heavy into scorps. I'm more of an archnogeneralist. I jumped around all over the place for several years. I like it all. I fell for local centis years ago and mostly focus on keeping those right now. I can count 9 scorp species I've kept. My favorite so far is Parabuthus transvaalicus. I received some from Brian and the AWOL, Kraken several months ago. Pretty active and grow fast. Funny to watch them chase their food down too. They look really determined. I like medium to large scorps. P. trans fit the standard there too. Do you want desert or trop species, or both?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you want to try your hand at breeding up a big colony go with the tropical barkscorpion spp such as Tityus, Centruroides or Babycurus. Gestation periods are brief and the young mature fairly quick. Tityus falconensis is probably the easiest I have seen to culture. You can breed them on accident LOL

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hm breeding scorps sounds fun. I'm looking for a species that isnt too small as well. Whats the average size of an adult Tityus sp. Babycurs sp.?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Tityus spp 2-3 in. adults, Babycurus spp about 3-3.5 in adults. The young are easy to raise despite their small size

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
how much do Lychas sp, and Tityus sp usually cost???
Depends on where you get them. I was selling various Tityus spp for $10 each with the stipulation the person buys 5 or more but needless to say I am sold out again.

Here is an add offering a T stigmurus which is parthenogenic so no male needed to produce young.
http://venomlist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15706

Here is an ad offering Lychas mucronatus
http://venomlist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15709

Just look around and you can find stuff for sale