I only have smaller crickets what should i feed my T

Julian Salsa

Arachnopeon
I got a Tliltocatl albopilosum and an Aphonopelma seemanni at a reptile expo the other week. They are both about 2 1/2 inches and they said to go with 1 inch crickets and I researched how they should take about 2-3 1 inch crickets a week but I only have 1/2 inch crickets and have been feeding them 1 1/2 inch cricket every other day. Should i stay at this rate or feed them more or slow down? Any help is appreciated.

cold blood

Staff member
Dont worry about the size of crickets, its irrelevant.

just feed 2 at a time, or a little more often....ts do not require large or certain size prey items.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You're over thinking this. I never feed my Ts on a schedule. They aren't on a schedule in the wild. All that really matters is they aren't afraid of the size prey you offer.

JohnGwapo

Arachnopeon
You can feed them 2 crickets every 10-14 days... Ts can go up to a month or even years without eating just make sure the size of the abdomen is just righy

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Ok i'll feed them 2 every 2-3 days, thanks for all the replies and help
So maybe one 1/2 inch cricket every 3?
They don't need to eat that much or often, if you pile feeders into it every couple of days then you'll just end up with a tarantula that refuses food for weeks/months on end, that can get pretty frustrating.

1 cricket every 7 days is more than enough.

My juvie NF gets a mealworm every other week and she's pretty plump
View media item 61878