I now understand

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I never really understood when other keepers talked about being stressed because their T's were molting.

Any of my T's which molted had the decency to do it when I was either at work or sleeping.

Today I came home from work and my A. genic was on his back. I know what to do..... nothing....

But he looks so vulnerable and helpless ..........

I now understand what other keepers meant......

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
this should probably be in T chat.
edit: the amount of times ive found a t upside down and then found a freshly molted T the next day is literally all the time. i wouldnt even begin to worry. best of luck.

Last edited:

Leila

Arachnobaron
this should probably be in T chat.
Venom...be easy, hun..he is stressed. And others here can help ease his mind... :shy::happy::kiss:

@D Sherlod, I have yet to experience a molt from one of my Ts. I am certain I will be a big ball of stress the whole while....I am quite the anxious person, unfortunately... Ugh.

Any updates on your T?? :kiss:

Last edited:

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Your right it should be in chat.... please feel free to move thread.

I just wish I could help him but I know I can't ... hands off.

patriotgator

Arachnopeon
At least you get to see yours molt. My G. pulchripes molted in its barricaded hide and I missed it.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Your right it should be in chat.... please feel free to move thread.

I just wish I could help him but I know I can't ... hands off.
Everything is probably going to be okay. :) Just let nature do its thing. And absolutely post a pic of your freshly molted baby. :happy: They are so lovely when they have freshly molted!

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
I'm usually happy to see them upside down. I get impatient waiting on them while they're in premolt.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I just prefer to come home to a happy surprise. Beautiful no clothes and no worries :happy:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
This particular worry will ease when you are in the hobby longer.
When i saw my first molting T i was anxious as well, simply because my 'mammal-oriented'-brain had trouble comprehending that an animal can turn itself inside out and still be okay afterwards :D

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Got up this morning and Romeo has his new clothes.... all is good.

Each of the T's in my collection has molted at least once in my care. This is just the first time witnessing it from the start.

I understand why people would think their T's are dead and how hard it is to not touch.
Thanks to all for comments and reassurances

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Romeo with his new clothes....... Juliette with her new clothes (she molted 10 days ago)
Romeo needs to put on some weight this molt took alot out of him...
2017-04-10 12.15.37.jpg 2017-03-17 22.40.04.jpg

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Congratulations, another molt or three and you won't even notice. I've be able to watch a number of molts happen and grabbed a few videos as well. My first few molts happened when I was at work or asleep so when I finally watched one I had confidence they had everything covered.

Good luck on your keeping.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
But he looks so vulnerable and helpless ..........
Vulnerable--- to what, it's in a container..and helpless...did you provide it a list of things it needs to do hahaha

Relax and enjoy nature doing its thing.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Wow, geniculata (!) looks very nice. Going to have to pay pick up a female soon. Fuzzy almost like avics..

Last edited: