I noticed my avic on the ground this AM and am concerned..

friesforestgoblin

Arachnopeon
is its legs slowly moving at all?

My G. pulchra molted yesterday I got video Im going to upload later, but they can look crazy at some points
I haven’t seen them spread them out like in the first pic you shared, but I’ve seen little flexes in their feet/toes since I’d noticed them on their back, not too often but a little. The second pic you shared gives me hope for the AM

friesforestgoblin

Arachnopeon
They’re dead, I can’t stop crying. I wish I could’ve done better/more for them. Strawberry was a very sad looking tarantula when I first saw them. I’d seen them at the store in the same upper right corner scrunched up tight for about a month. Finally decided to bring them home on Feb 13, and before April they’ve passed.. I thought I’d done enough research beforehand, read the guides, watched the YouTube vids. I don’t know if it was doomed from the start or if I just made things worse. And they seemed so great literally up until the past few days, always out and about, accepting of meals. I just don’t understand. Thank you to everyone that gave advice, I appreciate you.

Attachments

JDS123

Arachnosquire
They’re dead, I can’t stop crying. I wish I could’ve done better/more for them. Strawberry was a very sad looking tarantula when I first saw them. I’d seen them at the store in the same upper right corner scrunched up tight for about a month. Finally decided to bring them home on Feb 13, and before April they’ve passed.. I thought I’d done enough research beforehand, read the guides, watched the YouTube vids. I don’t know if it was doomed from the start or if I just made things worse. And they seemed so great literally up until the past few days, always out and about, accepting of meals. I just don’t understand. Thank you to everyone that gave advice, I appreciate you.
they were eating fine for you and everything?

any chance of pesticides or chemicals on anything?

do you smoke, vape, burn incense, spray other cleaners, cologne, hairspray, scented candles or such in that room?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Almost all of these pet store Avics are wild caught and have endured a lot by the time they get to your home. There's no telling what may have happened to it along the way - severe dehydration, extreme temperatures, dropped packages, etc., just to name a few. It could have sustained an internal injury weeks ago that it finally succumbed to. Sorry for your loss.

friesforestgoblin

Arachnopeon
they were eating fine for you and everything?

any chance of pesticides or chemicals on anything?

do you smoke, vape, burn incense, spray other cleaners, cologne, hairspray, scented candles or such in that room?
Yes, their last meal was about a week ago now, was due for another basically today or tomorrow. No chemicals, pesticides, or any of the other stuff mentioned. There’s always an air filter on in here and an overhead fan. Temps in here stay at about 70-75. I have one of those laser temp things and their enclosure was never colder than 70.

friesforestgoblin

Arachnopeon
Almost all of these pet store Avics are wild caught and have endured a lot by the time they get to your home. There's no telling what may have happened to it along the way - severe dehydration, extreme temperatures, dropped packages, etc., just to name a few. It could have sustained an internal injury weeks ago that it finally succumbed to. Sorry for your loss.
That’s heartbreaking, poor thing taken from its natural habitat like that potentially :confused: Thank you.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Oh no so so sorry for your loss 😞 Yes buying WC animals is always a big risk and I have been burned myself a few times. Next time buy from here in the classified and get captive bred and born and you'll have much better chances with them staying alive!