I need some sexual healing baby

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's a male redknee I got on loan calling my female out.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics... thanks for posting them. Kind of the play-by-play.

Botar

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks, I was going snap happy as they were doing their thing.
Mike

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Those really are great pics. Something always seems to prevent us from getting such a great play by play.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
cool! I posted pics almost identical to these a couple weeks ago, when my B smithi were going at it ;)
tonight, he was having a bit of trouble (he's lost leg 4 on the left side) so I took the container top off, and helped him escape. Then, for the FIRST TIME EVER....my female came out and sat on my hand.....oh bliss...oh joy!!!
Damn camera wasn't in reach though :(
It's not that she's aggressive, she just flicks hair like mad, and I am way to sensitive ...so I try to NEVER disturb her...
good luck to you...I'm hoping something happens with my female too!

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Holly, hopefully we both get eggsacs from our redknees (fingers crossed). My female is also a bit of a hair kicker. I never handle her because I too get all itchy. That was their third encounter. I finally borrowed a cam to take a pic of it.
Mike

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So what is the plan from here? I've heard you should cool them after breeding... is that what you plan to do? I've got an adult female and I'm in the process of finding a male for her, so I'd be interested in any input you and Holley have... as well as updates.

Botar

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
my plan is to go ahead and cool her down to approx 60 degrees for 2 months or so. I have heard conflicting ideas on this, so it's definately an experiment! The male I'm borrowing is also WAY past his ultimate molt, so I'm hoping the sperm is viable as well. It's a big gamble, IMO, but definately worth trying!

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
So what is the plan from here? I've heard you should cool them after breeding... is that what you plan to do? I've got an adult female and I'm in the process of finding a male for her, so I'd be interested in any input you and Holley have... as well as updates.

Botar
Well right now I'm keeping her at work. The room she is in feels cooler than the rest of the place. my friend kept his gravid smithi there last year and she made an eggsac (it was fertile and he got slings). What I really want to do is put in a HOBO in her enclosure. This is a device that records the maximum and minimum temp daily. I think it can also record humidity. You can then download this data to a program that accompanies the device. The program can then be used to analyze the temps amd make graphs if you wish. The cool thing is that it is waterproof and can be left where ever you want for up to a year. If I don't do this then I'll take a temp reading every week with a temp gun. It won't be as accurate, but I'll still be able to pass on info.
Mike

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
AWSOME!

I really want my smithi to look just like that!! Congrats! and Good Luck on the sacs Holley and Lasidora, keep us updated! Are redknees easy to get an eggsac from? and how many slings in it?

James