i need some help

Arachnopeon
i have 2 millipedes, i i dont know the specie, maybe a narceus americanus but i dont know

20200114_131153.jpg

20200114_131156.jpg

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
What exactly do you need help with? Species identification? Care?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
In that case, where were they found/bought from?

It may be somewhat similar overall from species to species, but it is still incredible how many people fail to provide even the basics for them.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arachnopeon
In that case, where were they found/bought from?

It may be somewhat similar overall from species to species, but it is still incredible how many people fail to provide even the basics for them.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Brazil, rio de janeiro.

I have these millipedes for more than a month, I'm using the leaves that were in the place where I found them. if something was wrong, they would have already died

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Looking at the photo more closely I see that they have very pointed ends...I'm thinking Rhinocricus sp. perhaps?

Not necessarily. Many millipedes are capable of surviving for long stretches of time (think in terms of months) in terrible conditions.
That said, I'm not criticizing your care. I was merely stating that despite millipedes having relatively simple requirements, many people still fail to give them the things they need to thrive.

Good luck with them! Whatever species this is there certainly isn't much information on them, so any info is good to have.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arachnopeon
Looking at the photo more closely I see that they have very pointed ends...I'm thinking Rhinocricus sp. perhaps?

Not necessarily. Many millipedes are capable of surviving for long stretches of time (think in terms of months) in terrible conditions.
That said, I'm not criticizing your care. I was merely stating that despite millipedes having relatively simple requirements, many people still fail to give them the things they need to thrive.

Good luck with them! Whatever species this is there certainly isn't much information on them, so any info is good to have.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
another question, that box are a good terrarium?
20200116_162733.jpg 20200116_162730.jpg

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
That looks fine. The substrate looks a little dry though.
What are you using for the substrate?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Sounds good. You might want to add some rotting wood (as since they are spirobolids they generally require more rotting wood to really thrive) and more leaves, but otherwise it looks good.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arachnopeon
Sounds good. You might want to add some rotting wood (as since they are spirobolids they generally require more rotting wood to really thrive) and more leaves, but otherwise it looks good.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
i will colect more leaves and wood, im a little afraid of mold, putt the wood one the oven is a good choice?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Mold is that not dangerous so long as it isn't rampantly growing everywhere. It is easily taken care of by springtails.
Baking is more so to kill off potential pests such as pincher bugs (earwigs), isopods, fungus gnats, etc. To do this you can just put it in the oven at 200F for 30-45 minutes.

However, I am learning that many successful breeders just place the materials outside in the sun (allowing any hitchhikers to either cook in the heat, move on, or be eaten by birds) for a few days and then they use it; no baking necessary.

Thanks,

Arthroverts