I need some advice

SOLOKILLER2601

Arachnopeon
So im getting a vinegaroon in a week and an avic in 3 but i mostly do bioactive enclosures and ive been wondering what is a good isopod species i can house with them that wont pose a threat to them. I know that thr porcellio sp are protein hungry and dwarf white isos are good for the enclosure but i am thinking of getting some zebra isopods any advice or opinions

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I wouldn’t do a bio active enclosure with the avic. The plants need moisture and light to survive. The combination of those two could lead to a stuffy enclosure that could potentially kill your avic.

SOLOKILLER2601

Arachnopeon
I wouldn’t do a bio active enclosure with the avic. The plants need moisture and light to survive. The combination of those two could lead to a stuffy enclosure that could potentially kill your avic.
I do hav some plants that do fine with low moisture, but im doing one for a vinegaroon rn

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Adding plants in a improper enclosure will end in dissaster, so I'd read a lot of information before doing anything.

Firstly what kind of enclosure are you going to use? It should have a very good ventilation system, or the humidity will get stagnant pretty fast.

Now it comes the substrate, you should use a good substrate that admits plants and keeps the perfect amount of moisture on it. I have two vivariums and topsoil works perfect for me. It keeps the moisture more homogeneously and the rotten organic matter helps bio active critters to thrive.