I need some advice on a BRB set up

Balkastalkman

Arachnosquire
Im getting a 4 foot female BRB in a week or so. As of now I have a heat pad, a big water dish, a light and a 40 gallon tank. What else should I get for the enclosure, so far on my list is
thermometer and humidity gauge
fake plants and such for covorage
lid locks
sphagnum moss
some other kind of bedding, i dont want to use newspaper.... what are good alternatives?
What else should i get, or think about.
Thanks
-Vic

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I made that mistake when I first got my BRB, who I wound up with quite unexpectedly. I assumed that these needed to be set up the same as other Boas and Pythons, which meant I had a very unhappy snake. A couple of the experienced keepers on here set me straight. These actually do not do well in a tank. If ever there was a snake designed for Sterlite tubs or racks, it's this one. They love high humidity, a comparatively low temp, and something to burrow down in. I keep mine on aspen, with a large water bowl(he loves to soak, plus it keeps the humidity up), inside a Sterlite tub with holes drilled in it, and now I've got a small heat pad under one end. For much of the year, I don't use a heat pad at all. He prefers temps around 82 degrees and avoids the warmer end. During the summer, I just put his enclosure on top of a large Boa's cage, that has a heat pad underneath it.

pitbulllady

Balkastalkman

Arachnosquire
I already have one that is a baby, and I have been keeping him in a 2o gallon but i covered the tank with a plexiglass like with some some ventilation holes drilled in it to retain the moisture. I am aware of their special requirements. i only have a screen cover for the 40 gallon i was thinking i would just cover 80% if the top with saran wrap. I do this for my T blondis who are in tanks and it has worked really well in terms of keeping humidity in the 75-80 percent range. At a hide with sphagnum moss in it and i think that the BRB will be happy. and i will go with aspen and a box of sphagnum i think in terms of substrate