I need help with my millipede pls

novakuhh

Arachnopeon
Hello, i have gotten a millipede from my internship, that was about 3/4 weeks ago i don’t know how old she is, she’s 7 cm (i’m dutch i hope u understand what i mean) and now she’s a bit of changing colours and first she was underneath the mud for a few days and now shes above the mud and barely even moving. I don’t know if she’s moulting or dying im so scared. I hope I’ve explained it good

Attachments

birdonfire

Arachnosquire
Leaf litter? Rotting wood? What are the substrate components? Temps? Moisture? Supplemental diet? Ventilation? Mud is used to describe a very wet (unsuitable) substrate.

novakuhh

Arachnopeon
Leaf litter? Rotting wood? What are the substrate components? Temps? Moisture? Supplemental diet? Ventilation? Mud is used to describe a very wet (unsuitable) substrate.
I have the same mud as we have at my internship, its coco-ground, i have a bunch of dried leaves underneath the mud and some rotting wood

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hello, i have gotten a millipede from my internship, that was about 3/4 weeks ago i don’t know how old she is, she’s 7 cm (i’m dutch i hope u understand what i mean) and now she’s a bit of changing colours and first she was underneath the mud for a few days and now shes above the mud and barely even moving. I don’t know if she’s moulting or dying im so scared. I hope I’ve explained it good
If it's changing colours it's probably getting ready to molt, they usually darken when about to molt.
Leave alone it should be fine.
Some prefer to molt on the surface for some reason, I think if they are alone, they don't feel the need to burrow.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Mud can also be very dense. You want a more loose, friable substrate for millipedes.