I NEED HELP WITH GRAMMOSTOLA ROSEA! PLEASE!!

JuanTarantula

Arachnopeon
I am new here and also not very experienced, apparently.

I messed up.

My T was not moving, wasn't on her back. I was very worried. I put her in an ICU (Iknow is controversial).

10 minutes after I placed her there, she started moulting. It has beenabout 20 minutes since then.

Please help, what should I do?

I know they are very fragile when moulting.

Should I move her? What must I do?

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Leave it there. DO NOT TOUCH A TARANTULA WHILE MOLTING !

Please share a picture of the container. If there's enough room, place a small water dish after it has finished molting. Good luck !

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
thanks for your quick response DomGom

The ICU's walls are about 8cm (3 inches) tall, wouldn't it be dangerous if she were to try to climb out?
If everything goes well with the molt, she'll be fine. Just put her in there and leave her be. You can watch if you like but don't do any more to disturb her.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The ICU's walls are about 8cm (3 inches) tall, wouldn't it be dangerous if she were to try to climb out?
By the time she starts moving again, she'll have begun to harden up. You can set it on its side to make it easier for the spider once it's ready to move around.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am such an idiot. I feel terrible.

I movedher at the worst possible time.
I thought she was dead, she wasn't moving, not even a little
Relax, she ought to do well. Tarantulas have been around for millions of years, way before the coming of dinosaurs. They've survived through extinctions, glacial freezes, molting in an ICU will not kill it. Be patient. It may take up to 12 hours before it completes the molt. Sit back and watch one of nature's greatest marvels before your very eyes. Typically, they tend to molt on their backs, but I've heard of upright molts going well too. Be patient.

JuanTarantula

Arachnopeon
Thank you both for your help.

Indeed, it is a very beautiful process!!! Had it not been for my mistake, I could have enjoyed watching her moult, like a proud father.

I am just extremely worried I messed her up.

Could she drown in the ICU? I've read that sometimes they could drown, although I didn't soak the paper towel to prevent that

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
She will not drown. Try to relax. It's out of your hands and up to your spider, now. Good luck.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you both for your help.

Indeed, it is a very beautiful process!!! Had it not been for my mistake, I could have enjoyed watching her moult, like a proud father.

I am just extremely worried I messed her up.

Could she drown in the ICU? I've read that sometimes they could drown, although I didn't soak the paper towel to prevent that
She will not drown, tarantula's hairs repel water, generally they tend to float like a cork. The only way they could drown is if their booklungs would be submerged for an extended period of time, which is very unlikely. Leave the bottle cap there too, I'm sure she'll appreciate a drink once she'll be done. Even if there's no water, no stress, she'll just suck up the moisture from her molt to hydrate herself.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Buh ?! Is she already out ?! It's the first time I see it go so fast !

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She will need several weeks to harden up. The most important thing is having access to water. I'm also puzzled by the speed of the molt. I'll let someone more experienced, like cold blood or viper69, to share their thoughts on the matter.

JuanTarantula

Arachnopeon
She will need several weeks to harden up. The most important thing is having access to water. I'm also puzzled by the speed of the molt. I'll let someone more experienced, like cold blood or viper69, to share their thoughts on the matter.
I'll be sure to put lots of water available for her.

I hope that very fast moult is not a symptom of something going wrong.

since I'm new here, will Cold Blood and Viper69 know they've been mentioned?

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They'll most likely drop by. Cold Blood is a moderator, so he'll most definitely come around and share his thoughts. I'm curious about his opinion as I've never heard of a molt going this quick. But we don't know everything about them. There is still so much to learn and they keep surprising us.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Leave it there. DO NOT TOUCH A TARANTULA WHILE MOLTING !

Please share a picture of the container. If there's enough room, place a small water dish after it has finished molting. Good luck !
and nothing else!!!