I need help regarding my H.Hottentotta's enclosure

VeryLongTime

Arachnopeon
I recently got an adult HH who is also currently pregnant and I plan to relocate her to a bit more larger enclosure. She is just in a medium size delicup at the moment with a rock and some beachsand,What substrate should I use, I got coco peat at the moment and this kind of sand
Any kind of advice would be also helpful, thanks.
Picture 0008.jpg

BarkScorps

Arachnopeon
An adult should be housed in a 3 gallon tank,floorspace being more important than height.A mixture of sand and coco peat is good and it should be about 1.5 inches deep.For decor a piece of bark or a small rock for it to dig a scrape under.I have never kept this species but some of my friends do and for moisture they provide a small water dish with some pebbles.The enclosure can be sprayed lightly once a week.As for scorplings I don't know but I believe there are some threads on the forum.Have fun and congrats with the babies.

PS: Post some pictures of the scorpion.

VeryLongTime

Arachnopeon
Sorry for the late reply, was very busy and tired for most of the time and thanks for the advice. She is doing alright as of now and just started eating again after fasting for almost a month. I plan to rehouse her within this week or so.

14454575_657430987747995_214017066_n.jpg

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
remember that H.hottentotta is from the more tropical regions of Africa, so they tolerate higher humidity!

Not sure if its required for moulting though

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They tend to, in my experience, do well in a semi arid environment. Watered well, but with enough ventillation that it doesnt get too humid.