I need help raising Aphonopelma sp moderatum egg sack

fabriri

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I bought a Mexican Aphonopelma moderartum (probably wild-caught) and she laid an egg sac 2 weeks after I brought her home. The egg sack is 35 days old now, so I removed it from the female and opened it to incubate the little babies.
Any tips for nursing these babies?

Attachments

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Wow that’s pretty awesome! There’s so many, and such a beautiful species. The upside for you is you likely won’t have much issue getting them to new homes, as they’re a pretty sought after Aphonopelma species. I recommend perhaps contacting some breeders on here and you may even find someone interested in buying the whole sac.

As far as caring for them goes, I’d recommend putting them in an incubator until their first molt, then separating them each into their own individual enclosures and feeding/watering them as you would any normal sling. You can find plenty of videos and advice on setting up incubators here as well. If you start early looking for someone who wants them, you may be able to have someone pick them up or ready to ship out to by that time and you’d be able to do so after their first molt and feeding.