I need help quick, embarassing question

l.MetalHead.l

Arachnopeon
So, the other day i was feeding my lampropelma violaceopes spiderling (roughly 1.5 inch leg span) and of course, the sob ran right out of the container to freedom, being prepaired, i grabbed an empty kritter keeper and put it ontop of him on my desk, so now he is in an overturned kritter keeper. Obv he needs to get back to his home, but i dont know how to get him back in, as i couldn't believe how fast he was in the first place. In addition, i hear they have a nasty bite. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get him back in his origional container. I had him in a 4.5 inch deli cup, and it doesn't exactly fikt in the kritter keeper, so i can't just leave it in there and wait for him to crawl in..... should i get a smaller container for him and leave it in the kritter keeper.... any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
So, the other day i was feeding my lampropelma violaceopes spiderling (roughly 1.5 inch leg span) and of course, the sob ran right out of the container to freedom, being prepaired, i grabbed an empty kritter keeper and put it ontop of him on my desk, so now he is in an overturned kritter keeper. Obv he needs to get back to his home, but i dont know how to get him back in, as i couldn't believe how fast he was in the first place. In addition, i hear they have a nasty bite. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get him back in his origional container. I had him in a 4.5 inch deli cup, and it doesn't exactly fikt in the kritter keeper, so i can't just leave it in there and wait for him to crawl in..... should i get a smaller container for him and leave it in the kritter keeper.... any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
pULL THE ONE CONTAINER SLOWLY ACROSS THE TABLE
UNTILL IT OVERLAPS THE ONE YOU WANT THE T TO GO INTO!

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don'r know how well I'm rreading this, I just woke up and am still half asleep! But If your trying to get him into the top of the kritter keeper to transfer him you can take a firm peice of paper or thin cardbord and lift it up just a touch to slide the cardbord or paper under the opening of the kritter keeper, then you can move it to wherever you want and justlift up the kritter keep when hes where you want him. Or if he goes into the kritter keeper you have him trapped in you can just prod him out when kritter keeper is in your desired location. hope this helps!

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
LOL, this has happened to everyone so don't sweat it.

Slide a piece of paper/cardboard under the KK and turn it right side up with the T in it. Now take the KK to a place where you have plenty of floor space (its good if you have someone with you) I use my living room for rehousing.

Then get the old container ready, it helps if you have two containers handy of the same size. Take the lid/paper off of the KK and coax the T into the old container, If it bolts, cup it with one of the containers, use the same paper method and then place over the container you want it to go into.

The bite is not what you should fear but the spped of teleporting slings.

GL

PIG-

l.MetalHead.l

Arachnopeon
I got him back in. So thanks for the replys everyone. I have a ant problem in my house, and i was afraid if it ran under my couch or something, i would never see it again and then one day it magically appears 6 inches larger :p

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm glad you got him back in- once, while rehousing our little violaceopes, it took a flying leap at my husband's face. Luckily, it landed on his arm. I have much respect for it now.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep a 2 gallon ziplock handy for these situations! :)

you can kind of slip the ziplock under and get it tightly around the KK and flip back over. Then, to get your teleporting spider into its original home, you coax the spider into the ziplock where you can control him or her a little better. Please note... Fangs Puncture plastic, but they don't seem to fight much if they are in the corner of the baggie and are slightly snug. Then, when you go to move to your original container, take the open end and wrap it around the container and coax your cute little teleporter back in.

Just somethign that works for me. I do the same to rehome my small teleporters too.

J