I need help on my African Emperor Scorpion's behavior.

The Pet Guy

Arachnopeon
So recently, about a couple months ago, I purchased my Emperor Scorpion from a pet shop. For the first few months it was fine and ate normally. Recently though, it has just stopped eating. Whatever food I give it, he/she just rejects it. It's been doing this for a month now. Also, at night it walks around the enclosure trying to climb the walls. Can you guys tell me what's going on with it.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Scorpion refusing food doesn't always indicate a problem.

Also, at night it walks around the enclosure trying to climb the walls.
Could be that there is something that he doesn't like about the current circumstances, how's your temperature, humidity and substrate ?

The Pet Guy

Arachnopeon
Scorpion refusing food doesn't always indicate a problem.

Could be that there is something that he doesn't like about the current circumstances, how's your temperature, humidity and substrate ?
I have a pretty good humidity and I damp the substrate every day. But, it does get kinda cold at night though.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I agree with @Lubed Tweezer . The only other thing that comes to mind is that it could just be out exploring it’s new enclosure. Essentially trying to find its escape if you will. Also it’s not uncommon for a scorpion to fast for a lil while. Mine was eating once a month if that. Now it eats pretty regularly.

The Pet Guy

Arachnopeon
I agree with @Lubed Tweezer . The only other thing that comes to mind is that it could just be out exploring it’s new enclosure. Essentially trying to find its escape if you will.
Thanks for helping me. I was starting to get worried about it. I wasn't sure if it was just normal scorpion behavior or if there was something wrong.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Thanks for helping me. I was starting to get worried about it. I wasn't sure if it was just normal scorpion behavior or if there was something wrong.
if you want to post a pic of total setup that can also help us with any other assumptions. But if you’re meeting it’s proper husbandry needs, I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Using this guide your scorpion should be fine.
Although we all like to think we are doing a good job, sometimes posting some pictures of your setup and scorpion let's other users point some things out that can be helpful.
Everyone can overlook something sometimes.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
as others have said on here, its quite normal for scorpions to go for weeks without eating.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Yeah... Like I said in another similar thread, one of my scorpions finally ate for the first time a month and 3 weeks after I got him :rofl: